ss_blog_claim=8ec1466a89eb4f6f610664b853a97eba
Our 7 Qtpies

July 04, 2010

Ah, teenagers!

I don't know why teens have to be so rebellious. Is it because God didn't intend for them to still be at home at this age? In Biblical times a 15 year old would be working and possibly married with kids.
I don't know what it is, but I am weary. I need some refreshing. Maybe if other things in my life weren't so rocky, this wouldn't be as trying, but I am just worn out.

However, God gave us these kids, and I know He will give us the strength to get through it. And a sense of humor to at least get a laugh out of some of it!

Poor Cody. The kid had his birthday the day after Drew's wedding. So he had to wait until we recovered financially to get his present. Well, in those days of waiting he managed to get himself grounded from all electronics because of his behavior toward his siblings. He is now grounded until he stops spewing venom at everyone. But we are able to get him his present. His beloved Xbox 360. Wow. Tough, huh? He has it and can't open it or use it! Tough break!

Cody is going through a pretty rough patch of rebellion and has declared that the doesn't believe in God. Not that we are not concerned, because we are, but we are not reacting to it other than to pray more fervently for him. We recognize that we can't accept Christ for him, all we can do is lovingly teach him, and pray.

Unfortunately, house rules are that if you live here, you GO to church. He seemed to think his announcement would change the rules of the house. Um, no. So today he decides to hide when we are leaving for church. Yep, he did.

His Xbox 360 made the trip with us. It went back to the store. Don't follow the rules, you don't have privileges.

The funny thing? The 1pm service we were late to because of trying to find him was cancelled today because of 4th of July events! He just got himself in a whole lotta trouble over nothing!

Thats gotta sting.

5 people think my kids are qtpies:

Mrs. Stam said...

When my husband was younger he went trough the same phase and he left his home at 15

Live a very bad life (worldly life) for a couple of years then the Lords saved him!

God had a plan for Him and He sure does for Cody too!

Joyful Noise said...

Oh no! I am sure he really isn't happy now...hopefully he will realize that he is acting the same way he said he would not. :)

Lisa said...

I would let him know "Hiding" at his age is childish and he has to own up to his respossibilites of being a young man. They will learn soon enough. I had it so hard with my oldest and now since he still does not follow society's rules (turned 18 late last month) he is sitting in jail and may be for a while.

Lisa said...

I would let him know "Hiding" at his age is childish and he has to own up to his respossibilites of being a young man. They will learn soon enough. I had it so hard with my oldest and now since he still does not follow society's rules (turned 18 late last month) he is sitting in jail and may be for a while.

Rose said...

My daughter doesn't live at home for those very reasons. She's 20 now, but moved out last year just before her 19th birthday.

Of course you are not going to kick out your 15 year old, but I don't think wanting him to follow rules while he lives under your roof is unreasonable.