ss_blog_claim=8ec1466a89eb4f6f610664b853a97eba
Our 7 Qtpies

August 31, 2010

All is well in preggo land

So far I am about 9 weeks, I think, and I am doing well. Normally I would be really sick and sometimes hospitalized at this point for dehydration. But for some reason I am holding my own. I am feeling ill all day, but no throwing up!!!! You have no idea how huge that is for me! I lose a lot of weight in the first few months, but not this time.

I have almost no cravings, and I despise chocolate. Soda and tea hurt my stomach. But water is a heavenly elixir, the weirdest symptom EVER for me, as with every other pregnancy water has been an instant vomit aid. I could not stomach water ever. But now I must have it all day.

I've also quit strangely been able to feel the baby bump around in my uterus. (not by hand, but inside of me) I've never felt on this early, but it is, indeed the baby.

So, everything so far is completely abnormal for both my boy and girl pregnancies. I'm starting to wonder......... could it be? Twins? Boy and girl cancelling each other's hormones out? Naw!

In the rest of the Qtpie Kingdom we've had a few changes.

Kaytlin moved out and is now living in a dorm at college. We are all ready for it, but there are some worries, like safety in the cities, but she rests in God's hands, and I have to give her up to Him. It will be fine.

Donnie has been contracting out for a year and a half, and just started a new contract job. We weren't really comfortable with it being only 3 months, but it was at least 3 months longer with income than not taking it, right? Well, it looks like it will easily turn into a permanent position, as he was HIGHLY recommended by one of their very respected employees. We'll wait out a bit of the 3 months before applying for a permanent position, though, because the contract agency provides insurance that will cover the pregnancy without considering it pre-existing, so the new company will have to cover the baby since we will have had insurance previously. God is good!

What else is new?

Cody will be starting high school. Devon starts his senior year. Nicole starts online public school, and Trinity goes to first grade homeschool. Sam is still a T.O.T. (Tornado of Terror for you newbies) And recently Drew, our oldest son, became an official Air Traffic Controller in the U.S. Air Force. We are super proud of him! It was tough, but he stuck with it!

Next up:

Devon's senior pictures are this week. Those should be amazing, we are going to some fun places!
We are hosting a Pirate murder mystery party with many of our close friends! That will be a blast!

4 people think my kids are qtpies:

michelle said...

I'm so glad everything is going well. I had been wondering how you were making out.

Michelle

Joyful Noise said...

Glad you are feeling okay at least! With everything else going on it is a good thing. You forgot to mention the wedding planning....though there probably isn't a whole lot to do right now...

Can't wait until the MMP - whose gonna walk the plank...to the gallows???

Judith said...

I was looking for your emailadres, but couldn't find it... Can you contact me? I might have something for you and your blog if you like. Please contact me at mail@mommymeasure.nl (I'm from the Netherlands)

Cheryl Pitt said...

I'm so glad all is going well for you, what a blessing :) I hope you get to share you story one day soon. I was curious about what went on, but I understand if you don't want to put it out there in bloggy land :)