ss_blog_claim=8ec1466a89eb4f6f610664b853a97eba
Our 7 Qtpies

September 05, 2010

Update

Well, the not throwing up didn't last, but I still feel like I have it under control. As long as this ends at 12 weeks, like most of the kids, I'll make it through without being hospitalized. I just have to make it through, I don't have insurance, lol. God is good!

We didn't get Devon's senior pics taken. Devon and the photographer just have conflicting schedules so far. So we'll wait until the new school year gets settled down. Hopefully I won't be sick anymore, either. That would help.

Kaytlin is doing well at college. She is finding the reason we were so afraid for her safety coming to and from work late at night in the down town area. So far the security guys who are supposed to meet her haven't been reliable, and last night she was pretty afraid waiting for them and started walking back, which was also frightening. God is her protector though, and I trust in Him.

I'm really struggling with stuff from our old church situation. We have moved on, and while we are working on forgiveness, watching the deceptions and manipulations continue is really difficult to deal with. I love the people of that church, and to sit back and know what is going on and not be able to say anything without appearing to be defending myself rather than the people just kills me. It isn't about me any more. I don't have hard feelings for most of the elders, I have always thought of them as wise men, but I see them deceived, and even seeing the deceit in writing, they are unable to admit it and repent, but continue on as if they had to be right. Breaks my heart. But we are out of it. All we can do is pray for those who are so diligently working to protect the congregation.

So, wounded, we've landed in a very unconventional church "for people who don't do church." I can't believe how non-judgemental they are as a whole. You just wouldn't dare voice a judgement toward someone with the acceptance that they exude down to the "lowliest" of workers. It isn't tolerated. The fact that so many of the people there have been wounded by another church lends itself well to people who do not judge others. You don't get to sit and lick your wounds for long, though. Serve, and serve with a joyful heart. It helps a lot to get the focus on the lost, on the great commission. I don't know where we will end up in the long run, but this is the right place to lick our wounds and it is also the right place for our boys. Cody and Sam have both always hated our old church, not the people, but going was a battle royale every week. Now they both go happily! So, there we stick for awhile! The preaching is fantastic, too, so I'm happy, even if I HATE the rock music that they play so loud they need to hand out earplugs at every service, lol.

Tonight is our Murder Among the Matey's murder mystery party! The excitement is just building and it is a blast to watch the guests talk pirate on facebook and hunt for the perfect costume. Now if only I could get my lazy butt kids to get the house spotless (for pirates, HA) I would be happy. Not gonna happen, so my guests will just have to understand that I am dealing with morning sickness so they will have to overlook it or clean it themselves, hehe. ( which I wouldn't fight too hard, haha)

Off I go to prepare for the invasion of the pirates tonight!

1 people think my kids are qtpies:

Joyful Noise said...

Very well put on your feelings...we understand and have taken up the fight to protect the rest.

The house looked great for the Murder Mystery....it was so much fun. I think I like this style better...it leaves it open for more role play and acting.