ss_blog_claim=8ec1466a89eb4f6f610664b853a97eba
Our 7 Qtpies

August 09, 2010

Trip to the candy store

Yesterday we made a stop at Minnesota's Largest Candy Store. It was fun, lots and lots of candy. Weird candy. We bought quite a few things to gross out the boys. Vampire repelling, garlic flavored mints, onion ring flavored mints, corn dog chap stick, lol. But there were two that really topped the gross factor chart.
Chum Bucket candy smells really bad, and no one was willing to taste it, of course. I mean, really, who wants to eat nasty long-dead flavored candy?

But there was a candy that made the chum bucket candy smell appetizing. I'm not even kidding.



Zombie Mints. Brain flavored mints. When I bought them I thought "Who knows, brains could taste good, and these could be really tasty, since who knows what brains actually taste like."
Umm, I couldn't have been more wrong. Seriously, I nearly barfed on my dining room floor. From the smell. Not one boy was brave enough to try them.
These make THIS taste delicious.
This just might end my joke purchases. It wasn't even funny. The skunk jelly beans were funny, but these, not funny. Seriously, I almost barfed at the SMELL.

4 people think my kids are qtpies:

Drew said...

Well, I could have told you to avoid that one. After watching Joey ooze fetal pig brain (a feat I got on camera, btw), I'm all too familiar with the nastiness of brain. Granted, I'd probably try the mint to say I did it, but it's not appealing in any way.

Joyful Noise said...

She could save them for your next visit Drew...

Yuck! Not even going to smell them....

Lisa said...

Hey do they have a website? Can you buy the stuff online/ I am always finding stuff to the boys too, and I LIKE weird candy too.

Kris said...

Ok, so how does one *know* it tastes like brain? Anything to compare it to, or is it just pure nasty?