ss_blog_claim=8ec1466a89eb4f6f610664b853a97eba
Our 7 Qtpies

December 07, 2010

Oh, that Sam!

Sam is growing up so fast! I can't believe he is actually 4 already. My baby is 4 years old! Breaks my heart to not have a baby in the house and to have my older kids growing up, moving out, getting careers, getting engaged and married. Hopefully grand babies will be on the near horizon to help out the lack of baby in the house!

Despite growing up, Sam is still doing and saying funny things to amuse us all the time. He has become quite the video game addict. Following in his big brothers' footsteps quite nicely. He even is able to play very, very well. So amazing are his skills that one day Devon and Brian (our fake son) had come in the room and saw him playing and stopped to watch him. He was moving the Wii controller and playing and Devon was just blown away! "Look at him play! He is awesome, Mom! Brian look at that! I would have gotten hurt by now!" And Brian was all in awe, too. "Wow, how did he do that?"
Well, turns out he wasn't playing at all, it was on a screen that shows you how to get through some part or something, lol, basically a video of someone playing a perfect game. We got a good laugh out of that one.

I don't really play much of the games on the Wii, so I don't know how to work very many of them. I refuse to help the kids when they get "stuck" because I don't know what I'm doing and they yell at me that I am doing it wrong, so if they know more than me, why ask me to help them? lol I just refuse. So Sam has finally gotten that, apparently, and quit asking me. The other day Sam got stuck on something, so he went to the basement door and opened it and I looked over to see what on earth he was doing. He yelled down the stairs "Cody!" I had to break his heart that Cody was in school. So he stomped off to the stairs and started to yell for Devon. So I broke his heart that Devon, too, was in school. So he says "Well, where's Drew?" Oh, honey, Drew doesn't live here anymore! Poor guy! He was ticked at his brothers for not being there for all his needs! They had all 3 been here for days over Thanksgiving weekend helping him play day after day. He liked that.

The other night I was reading to Sam and Trinity and Hope was hanging around listening. It was a book about balls and it talked about how they were round, except one kind, the football. So I asked Sam if he could find the football and he said no. What? Really?
"Sam, can you find a football?" and I circled a bunch of balls on a page.
Sam said "No, I can't find it."
"Sam, you can find one, can't you? Find a football."
So, Sam puts his finger right on the picture of the football and says "I can't find that."
We cracked up!
Donnie explained to us that when Sam hears "find" something, he relates it to real life, like go find the remote. If we meant in the book we should have said can you POINT to the football. Ok, then, lol, literal much?

Yesterday Sam came over to me wearing shorts, yes shorts in the winter in Minnesota, and said "Warm me up, Mommy Pederson." Really? lol My last name? Where did that come from, and do you have some other mom that you would need to do that? LOL

2 people think my kids are qtpies:

Mrs. Stam said...

LOL for the video game!!!

Lisa said...

Ha that has so happened to us with Savannah when she was playing a game we were stunned at how well she was playing till we figured it out LOL.