ss_blog_claim=8ec1466a89eb4f6f610664b853a97eba
Our 7 Qtpies

June 13, 2011

New Venture (long)

Almost 2 years ago Donnie was laid off from his pretty good job. We've managed to muddle along, but the pay cut is huge, and muddling along just isn't going to cut it much longer.

I decided I just need to bring in some money, too. But working a 9-5 isn't an option. We are committed to having a parent home with our kids. We would sell and move to a cheaper place, but we are under water on our house and owe more than it is worth at this point. Funny how that happens, huh? We are stuck.

So, after thinking and praying for options we came to the conclusion I needed to go into home party sales again. I loved selling Tupperware and I was a manager years ago. I ran through all the typical businesses and I just don't see making good income with them. You can buy much less expensive plastic than Tupperware, and once you have it, you don't need more. Pampered Chef is great, but you know, I found a much cheaper stone casserole dish by Paula Deen that can go in the dishwasher! Hello, why would I buy Pampered chef? Yeah, so that is out. Makeup? Not my thing. Yes I wear make-up, but I am not into the high priced stuff, even though it IS better, I just can't do it, so how could I sell it?

Then it hit me..... What do I buy and repeatedly buy? What does my husband encourage me to buy? What is important in my life consistently? My marriage is very important and I am willing to spend money to make it fun, exciting and to help us stay emotionally close. I buy Pure Romance products, and have for years. Most of my friends buy it, too. Most married couples are interested in having a good intimate life together.
I struggled with this. I am a Christian, that defines me. How can I do this? The person I have been buying from is a Christian, so I went to her and asked her how she balances it. She gave me some great advice. She always talks about God, and how He wants married couples to have a great sex life. And He does! I have no issues there, I totally believe that! Just read Song of Solomon, it is quite clear that God means for husbands and wives to take joy and have fun in their desire for each other. "Love’s flames are flames of fire,
flames that come from the Lord. (Song of Solomon 8:6b) " She also told me that through her parties she has been able to invite women to church and they have gone! Many women have issues that they don't know how to resolve and they don't know who to ask for advice. Being able to talk about sex freely is a gift. She has it, I have it. I can help women who do not enjoy sex, but just get through for their husband. I don't think that is good. You can enjoy it, and if you don't then you are not going to get the emotional closeness that God intends for your marriage. The effects of that will ripple through all of your marriage.

What about people who are not married? How can I sell to them? I believe sex before marriage is wrong. I do, however, we are not to hold unbelievers to our standards. Here is what the Bible has to say:

1 Corinthians 5
9In my letter to you I told you not to associate with people who continue to commit sexual sins. 10I didn’t tell you that you could not have any contact with unbelievers who commit sexual sins, are greedy, are dishonest, or worship false gods. If that were the case, you would have to leave this world. 11Now, what I meant was that you should not associate with people who call themselves brothers or sisters in the Christian faith but live in sexual sin, are greedy, worship false gods, use abusive language, get drunk, or are dishonest. Don’t eat with such people.

12After all, do I have any business judging those who are outside the Christian faith? Isn’t it your business to judge those who are inside? 13God will judge those who are outside.

So, I came to the conclusion that I could do this business and maintain my belief system. I want to make money, yes, and this is a business that people will keep buying. But I also get to HELP women, and that is good! I may also get chances to reach people for Christ, and that is even better!

My biggest problem after all that was what people would think about me selling "sex toys." I am not all about toys, yes, there ARE toys, but that is not the main focus, and not why I am selling. I had to decide that what a few people think are not what matters. What matters is what God thinks, and am I allowed to do this? And my answer was YES. Now when I've been telling people I have had amazing reactions! People are happy for me and not judgmental. There will be times when people are (like when some people from our former church find out, lol) but I know why I am doing it, and that God is blessing my effort. Here is a little verse for the people who want to judge :
"Don't speak evil against each other, dear brothers and sisters. If you criticize and judge each other, then you are criticizing and judging God's law. But your job is to obey the law, not to judge whether it applies to you. God alone, who gave the law, is the Judge. He alone has the power to save or to destroy. So what right do you have to judge your neighbor?" - James 4:11-12

I prayed about it, and God opened the doors and even made it possible to start. I am very excited to start this venture! If you want Pure Romance products you can check out my website, or if you would like to help me out (and get free products!) and have a party, I would be very honored. Privately email me if you have issues that I may be able to help you with. (qtpies5 at msn.com)

0 people think my kids are qtpies: