ss_blog_claim=8ec1466a89eb4f6f610664b853a97eba
Our 7 Qtpies

September 19, 2012

I think my house is trying to keep me here

I am trying to organize and pack, but my house looks more like I am bringing my dining room somewhere and a bomb went off in the rest of the house, garage, yard.
Hope got sick right before school started, and now I have her illness. It stinks! I cough if I move, talk, breath. Basically just living causes me to have a coughing fit. We have been so sick since we moved into this house. We wonder if there is a mold problem, but short of tearing out the walls, how would we know?

The more I go through things to pack, the more stuff seems to appear. I don't want to have this much stuff. I am definitely going to downsize majorly and since we know that we won't be in our Texas home too long, we will NOT be collecting junk. It is my goal not to do this again. I think moving every couple of years will be a good way to keep from getting too bogged down in stuff. Ok, maybe that is a bit much, but for sure I don't want to end up with so much work again. My dad has been in his house for about 30 years, and he said he will NEVER move because he can't fathom dealing with everything, haha. He's going to leave it to us. Nice huh?

I am praying for this cough to go away, and not to infect the kids. I need to get busy! We leave in less than 2 weeks. I am so happy that Donnie decided to fly home and help me pack and move. I didn't want him to, so we could save money and keep him working, but I just need him here.

In the mean time I am enjoying my time with my grandchildren! Faith has warmed up to me now and plays with me. I love that she is happy to be with me, even if her mom isn't in the room. I let her go at her own pace, since I knew she would be here a month, and now we have so much fun!

Liam is getting to be so much fun, too, now. He is 5 months old, and play time is really interactive now. I have such a special relationship with him. It hurts so bad to leave him, but I know I will keep coming back to visit him.

Jannessa has been suffering from some morning sickness, so she bought some Ginger Snaps. Kaytlin came over with Liam one morning and she grabbed a Ginger Snap. Liam saw that cookie and reached out and snagged it right out of her hand! He went to TOWN on that cookie! He wouldn't touch bananas, but a cookie? Oh, yeah!




Kaytlin got him all cleaned up after his huge mess, and then he saw the box. The box! And he dove for that cookie box with all he had in him! So he got another cookie. :) And this time he made an even bigger mess.
It is probably a good thing in some ways that I won't be around him as often as I am now. I would spoil the snot out of him! I get in enough trouble with the spoiling I do with Faith! I give her candy and soda. And juice boxes. I have had to tell her No, though, because her favorite past time is shutting off my computer while I am on it. Her sneaky little finger has a knack for finding the power button.

Well, back to coughing and packing and coughing and not packing. I'd rather be spoiling my grandbabies!

0 people think my kids are qtpies: