ss_blog_claim=8ec1466a89eb4f6f610664b853a97eba
Our 7 Qtpies

September 07, 2012

The Slothful Move

Wow, it is so not going well with the moving. Way, way, way too much stuff. I hope that I learn a lesson from all this. If there isn't a place for it, don't keep it. And do not EVER take on other people's stuff. Even if they died, it isn't coming HERE.

I am doing pretty good at selling stuff. I sold a TON of my stamping stuff, and then went to lunch and lost $120 out of my pocket. That was a bummer. But, we look at it like God is using it somewhere else. Or I'd cry.

I could sell and sell and sell, but that involves more work than just donating a ton of stuff at once, and that more work takes more TIME. And time means I am not with my husband for even longer. Not that money isn't keeping us apart, too. So....... catch 22.

Big things on my plate at the moment:
1. getting Donnie's dad packed and moved. I've wanted to go pack his room, but he gives me looks like he isn't ready, so I don't really know what to do. But he doesn't have a choice today. I'm attacking his room with boxes today. He is moving tomorrow.
2. getting rid of our old van that doesn't run. In a way that we make some money.
3. replacing that money I lost so I can afford the electric bill. lol
4. Cody has court. 

All this stress is taking a toll on my body. Not cool. This move is for the GOOD of our family in so many ways! I wish I could not stress so much about it.

What stresses me?
1. The overwhelming amount of STUFF that I have to deal with in some form or fashion.
2. Money for the move, Donnie's paychecks are not exactly normal.
3. Doing it without my husband. It makes me angry even though it isn't his fault.
4. Leaving my friends.
5. Leaving while my friends are not talking to me over what I consider misunderstandings or total lies they are believing from the enemy. It isn't in my hands to talk to them, they don't answer my attempts, and I am left with no options. (still not in a cult, still love them)
6. Moving kids in the middle of a grading period. Or moving kids at all. Hope isn't happy about it.
7. Moving away from my kids and grandkids!!! This is the WORST!

But the blessings are just fantastic!

1. A bigger paycheck to help us get out of debt!
2. A new beginning! Those are always fun!
3. An adventure!
4. Our new house is beautiful!
5. No shoveling snow this year!
6. God took care of the house situation. It wasn't fun, but it is all working out with good timing. 

Here are some pics of our new house.
Our beautiful backyard, and yes, that is a ceiling fan on the patio! I hear it is hot down in Texas.
 This is a shot from the kitchen looking toward the dining room. There is a walk in pantry off to the right, and a built in bookshelf for cookbooks, and down that little hallway to the dining room there are cupboards built into the wall for more storage.
 This is the view from the front door. The stairs and loft area, dining room to the right, and a coat closet to the left.
 This is the kitchen looking toward the breakfast nook.
 And our main living room, with the breakfast nook off to the right. Donnie has always wanted a fire place! It can be a gas fireplace, or a gas starting wood fireplace.
So, you see, we are amazingly blessed! No use rushing, though, I can't leave until September is over, I have work, and Cody has court. If you don't mind praying for us, pray that we can resolve the issue at court on the first day, so we don't have to leave Cody behind to finish it up. Thank you!


0 people think my kids are qtpies: