ss_blog_claim=8ec1466a89eb4f6f610664b853a97eba
Our 7 Qtpies

October 08, 2012

Hmm, Texas......

I don't really know what to think of living in Texas yet. The weather was obviously nice when we got here, especially considering that is has already snowed back home in the week that we have been here. It got chilly this weekend, but it heading back up to the 80's this week.
Our neighborhood is gorgeous! I can't even fathom how we can afford to live here, but we can, and that is amazing! (in MN it would be double the cost for this house) We went for a walk on a nearby trail and had a great time. The kids' schools are both walking distance, too. It is very beautiful here.
The traffic, on the other hand, is atrocious! It takes forever to get anywhere. 15 miles to Donnie's work takes 45  minutes. It IS a metroPLEX, yes, but it doesn't matter when you go anywhere, there is always traffic. Just something you have to get used to.
People are not as friendly in Texas as they are in Minnesota. I will do my best not to lose my Minnesota Nice. There are nice people here, yes, and grumpy people in MN, true, but there is a noticeable lack here. I've talked to a couple of people about doing Pure Romance parties, and they have not had good experiences with the consultants, between outright rudeness and lack of correspondence.
We even tried out a church, we went to the one church that Donnie felt had been the nicest to him, none of the other churches even talked to him. Well, that was my experience, too. I tried to talk to people myself and they just didn't seem to have the time of day for me. So weird. We are going to try it again, because it is close, big and has lots of family events.

So, 1 week down in Texas and I am feeling kind of isolated. I am going to get out and get involved, but I am scared to leave the area, lol. I don't understand the roads yet, and I do not have GPS. Oh well! I am heading out to a Pure Romance team meeting tonight, so I will at least get a few contacts. It will be nice to at least know someone in the area to ask about things.

0 people think my kids are qtpies: