ss_blog_claim=8ec1466a89eb4f6f610664b853a97eba
Our 7 Qtpies

October 12, 2012

Not in Kansas anymore

Ok, so other than driving through Kansas I wasn't there at all. But Texas is NOT Minnesota is what I'm trying to get across. lol
I like it here. I really do. But the hoops you have to jump through are so insane at times that I want to punch someone in the face. A lot of it is just annoying, like having to have our vehicles registered in order to get our licenses switched over, and having to have them inspected first and having to pay a $150 new Texan fee per person. But getting the kids enrolled in the high school is proving to be an exercise in futility.
For school you need to have proof of residency (of course), birth certificate (new one to me, never needed it before in MN or VA), Social Security cards, the actual cards, not just knowing the number (again NEVER had to do that, in fact, I refuse to give them out), and then you need a conscientious objection for immunizations that you have to send to the state for forms that could take as long as 30 days to get, and then have to have them notarized for each kid for each school. And THEN you have to fill out 12 pages of info for them and THEN they have to get the school records from our former school.
Guess how far we are with the high school enrollment in 2 weeks? Nowhere. And I have all the documents. But they will not take them or give us the stack of papers to fill out unless we go in before 10am because "the kids are at various lunches from then on."  Even if they are sitting on their butts talking to each other and have no other work to do. Seriously. I've called and complained to both the assistant principle and the district office. The district office has no idea why they wouldn't at least start the process, and were supposed to get back to me, but haven't, of course. So, I am no where.
The little 2? No problem! Went in, got the papers, took them home, filled them out, brought them back and got all the other stuff photocopied and they start school Monday. Even though it WAS after 10.
Between the high school and the horrible road construction that messes with everything I am ready to cry. Oh, and the stupid "Neighborhood Walmart" that I refuse to go to again. Not happy with their attitudes, either.
I like the weather!

1 people think my kids are qtpies:

Carina said...

Moving anywhere is frustrating. The red tape and forms and lazy officials had me in tears when we moved to Missouri, too.