ss_blog_claim=8ec1466a89eb4f6f610664b853a97eba
Our 7 Qtpies

January 28, 2007

Rememberings #2 Things Drew has done


Things Drew has done over the years.

Drew is a little stinker. He started out a very cute, sweet baby. He was a happy fella. Then he turned 1 ½.

He used to hate being left anywhere. Then he decided he never wanted to return home and would scream all the way home from whereever we were leaving. One time someone even stopped me to make sure he wasn't injured or kidnapped! Another time I was in premature labor and not allowed to pick him up, so I had to hold onto a tiny bit of hair so that he wouldn't throw himself on the ground or run off on me because he didn't want to leave the playground.

He drank everything. There was no place to put things he couldn't reach. And 17 years ago you didn't have access to as many child locks as you do now, and not overseas, and no internet for the most part. He drank a bottle of infant Tylenol. He drank his sister's albuterol. He drank a bottle of Windex with Vinegaurd. (same symptoms as the flu, and not nearly as big a deal as the Tylenol!)

Did I mention nowhere was safe from Drew? He superglued his eye OPEN.

While we were getting ready to go somewhere, he took his blow-up swimming pool and went for a walk. A friend was staying with us and happened to be out for a walk and found him! We had been searching all over for him!

He liked to break my vase collection one by one.

He liked to color things blue. I woke up to blue handprints on my back one morning. And blue lines on my walls and head board and hallway. Not to mention the Little boy blue....... incident.

He also had a knack for bumping his head. Always had goose eggs.

He tried to "help" me iron one day and burned his hand really bad. It blistered. My cousin told him it was teenage mutant ninja turtle ooze in there, so he popped it. She was no longer the favorite cousin.

When he was 7 he told me "When I grow up I'm going to save the rainforest." I asked him why, since we are not "tree-huggers." He replied in all seriousness "Well, I have a mom and 2 sisters and I plan to get married one day, and the cocoa bean grows there. We don't want to run out of chocolate." Seriously. I didn't know whether to laugh, or cry because I am that bad.

Drew has been a preacher/evangelist since he was 4. Telling people in bank lines about Jesus, and friends very feminist minded mom's about Jesus, anyone who would listen got to hear. He's still doing it, too.

3 people think my kids are qtpies:

Becca said...

Just stumbled onto your blog, and I wanted to leave you a quick comment. I have one of those 18 month boys right now. Is there hope that he will outgrow it/live to grow up??

Jen said...

Wow, he could give my Tiernan a run for his money. He's my first boy after 3 girls, and everyone told me he'd be different but I didn't believe them. I do now!

Anonymous said...

Good post.
If you’re looking for quick, healthy weight loss please visit Natural Weight Loss