ss_blog_claim=8ec1466a89eb4f6f610664b853a97eba
Our 7 Qtpies

January 04, 2007

New Year's Meme

This is my first Meme! I'm getting a late start here, but I have good reason, I just had my gall bladder surgery yesterday, AND I have a baby and a toddler AND 3 teens and 2 pre-teens. Yes, I'm busy.
So, here goes, my first meme:

1. What did you do in 2006 that you’d never done before? I started blogging.
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year? I don't make them anymore. But I do want to get closer to God this year.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth? Now thats a big YES! I had a baby. My sister and sister in law had babies. 3 women in my church had babies with me. A lady at the hospital I go to had a baby a month before me, and our last babies were a month apart, too, lol. 2 ladies from an email list had babies the same week as I did. Whew, I know theres more.......
4. Did anyone close to you die? My grandma died.
5. What countries did you visit? I stayed in the US this year.
6. What would you like to have in 2007 that you lacked in 2006? I would like to be financially stable.
7. What dates from 2006 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? Valentine's Day and the day before. The day before I reached a tremendous breakthrough emotionally in forgiveness, and the next day I conceived Samuel, our promised child!
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? I think the forgiveness was huge.
9. What was your biggest failure? I don't know about "failure" but I feel awful about some parenting issues.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury? I puked for 22 weeks. And apparently got a diseased Gall Bladder.
11. What was the best thing you bought? I didn't "buy" it but we went on vacation and it was wonderful for our family.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration? Devon! he has completely turned around and is growing more mature all the time!
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? Drew's. he's on a learning curve or something. he'll come around, but I am so sad.
14. Where did most of your money go? I have 7 kids. FOOD.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? All the babies! Starting a new group for young moms at our church.
16. What song will always remind you of 2006? Music isn't my thing, so probably nothing.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? 
b) thinner or fatter? 
c) richer or poorer? I think I am both more sad and happy, over different things. I am definately thinner!!!! and probably poorer in money, richer in blessings.
18. What do you wish you’d done more of? Playing with the kids.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of? Puking. But it was for a very good cause, Sam.
20. How will you be spending Christmas? We spent Christmas nursing the flu. But the time with family other weekends was wonderful!
21. Did you fall in love in 2006? With my new child, yes!
22. How many one-night stands? Huh? none here.
23. What was your favorite TV program? I think House is great, but I also love Scrubs, which I hadn't watched before December.
24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year? I don't hate anyone.
25. What was the best book you read? I read a series by Beverly Lewis that was terrific!
26. What was your greatest musical discovery? Totally not into music
27. What did you want and get? I got a Kitchen Aid mixer AND my long awaited baby Samuel!
28. What did you want and not get? Better relationship with my oldest child.
29. What was your favorite film of this year? The Lake House
30. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? I don't think we did anything, but I turned 35.
31. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? Making a breakthrough with Drew.
32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2006? Well, I spent most of the year in bed/on the couch in my pajamas. I'm not into fashion.
33. What kept you sane? Knowing "this too shall pass"
34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? I'm head over heels for Keanu Reeves, thank you very much!
35. What political issue stirred you the most? I generally ignore things political, but it ticked me off that the democrats were all over a repulican who was supposedly going after young boys, though they were actually adults, when the democrates support gays and Clinton going for a young intern. Nuff said.
36. Who did you miss? I actually really miss my grandfather who has been gone since 1988. And I miss my best friend, Sheree.
37. Who was the best new person you met? Well, I have two super new friends that I've become close to this year, Sarah and Jody.
38. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2006. I learned that I have control over what affects me and I can be happy in spite of things.
39. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year. I don't know many songs.

1 people think my kids are qtpies:

Sean Carter said...

Well it seems you had quite a year...and now it is the new year...and a start for all of us...lets hope that this year is filled with lotsa fun and joy for all of us...on this note i'd like you to visit my blog sometime and share some of the love and happiness it's filled up with...visit soon and do share your thoughts!!!