ss_blog_claim=8ec1466a89eb4f6f610664b853a97eba
Our 7 Qtpies

January 07, 2007

Yeah, Devon!


Devon took second place in 100 meter freestyle on Thursday!!! I guess his relay team didn't do so well, though.
Devon turned 14 on Friday. Wow. I can tell you I did not think he would live to become a teenager, even, lol. He's such a daredevil AND a pain in our behinds, we've frequently told him he wouldn't live to see his next birthday.
And then this past year happened. Devon turned a corner we wondered if he would ever find! He's much more responsible. He's much more reasonable. He's much more obedient. He's much more active and social. And swimming has increased all of that. He took a week off for Christmas vacation, and we all wanted him back in the pool before it was over. He doesn't have the time or energy to pick on his siblings when he is swimming every day. I think when swimming is over we'll be putting him in track, he runs fast, too.

Happy birthday to my Superstar, Devon!

2 people think my kids are qtpies:

Brought to you by Her Majesty Magenta said...

That is super Devon! I will be looking for you and my son to be in the Olympics someday! Especially good for an 8th grader! Your mom left a message on my blog so I came over and realized you and my son have the same interests, swimming and bugging your siblings :)

Mother of Devon, I have posted a Sunday "FESTIVUS" to "air your grievances" if you have seen Seinfeld maybe you will know what that is, anyway I would like to link to your blog where your 3 year old trashed the house. Would that be okay? Leave me a message on my blog Terrific Teens.

Thanks

Staci said...

Congrats to Devon on the swimming! My nephew (Pam from Terrific Teen's son) is a swimmer and it is so fun to go to the swim meets... whether he wins or not.