ss_blog_claim=8ec1466a89eb4f6f610664b853a97eba
Our 7 Qtpies

January 28, 2007

Sunday Festivus #3



I could really blow off steam here, but complaining about others isn't the point, right?

Ok, I guess I can blame it on myself, lol. I need to be more forceful with the kids and discipline. And more disciplined myself.

For some reason the kids don't do their chores on Sundays. Well, they rarely do their chores unless I have fits. They know their chores, but have their own ideas about when to do them and how much to actually do.

Then there's the issues of mom saying "no" so going behind my back to dad and getting a "yes." Yep, that one gets my goat! We always discipline HARD for that one, so I don't know why they try that one. I wonder how often they get away with it without us finding out in order to make it worth trying.

And then there's potty training. I think I am getting too old. Trinity is winning. I mean, all the older kids DID get potty trained, so I must have figured something out, but not with her. She downright prefers peeing in her pants to using the toilette at home, in public she loves to use the bathroom. She was dry at church today from 8:30-2! By 4 she'd pooped her pants. She told me to leave her room so she could play, and promptly pooped her pants.

I sent a check with one of my kids for sports fees, and found the check today, dated 12/19! You gotta be kidding me! And why didn't I notice this in my check book balancing??? Yep, not balancing! Gosh, I need to get serious about THAT, too.

No more letting the kids trade in their discipline for work. The work rarely gets done to satisfaction, and usually they don't care because they already had their priveledge restored. Or, it takes days and days to get the chore done. Why should they work at it? They don't have motivation anymore, I can't take away the activity after the fact.

Ok, done griping. I think I need a New Year's Resolution after all. Get strict! And mean it!

1 people think my kids are qtpies:

Unknown said...

I'm new here so I don't know a lot about your little Trinity yet or how old she is, BUT she sounds a little bit like my Spicey. I say give her a diaper and let it go. Even if she is too old or should be using the potty by now. My kids are crazy stubborn and Spicey is a to-the-death kinda gal. Sometimes when I stop pushing it is when I get the result I wanted in the first place.

But then, you've been at this way longer than I have so I'm guessing you've heard/read/tried this before. :)

I enjoy your blog. Thanks for visiting mine and inviting me here.