ss_blog_claim=8ec1466a89eb4f6f610664b853a97eba
Our 7 Qtpies

January 11, 2007

Thursday Thirteen #1

Thirteen things I like about my kids!

1. I like that they are respectful to adults and call them Mr. and Mrs. and Sir or Ma'm.
2. I like that they are way better in public than they are at home, lol. People think I have awesome kids all the time.
3. I love that they are reasonable, eventually, and will hear what we have to say, even if they don't agree. And they obey it, even if they don't like it.
4. I like how my kids reach out and befriend people. Especially the new kid wherever they are.
5. I love how great my kids are at acting! People always compliment me when they do skits at church.
6. I love how talented they are! Drew is a speech competitor, Kaytlin is learning the electric guitar on her own and playing in the worship team, Devon is a swimming star in the making, and hopefully a track star, too. Cody is an awesome video game player. Hope-Anne is great at drawing, but so is Drew. Trin and Sam haven't developed their skills yet. Now add the drama to the oldest 3 kids, they are incredible!
7. I like how sensitive they are to others. They love to serve and go on mission trips, even to the homeless shelter or France. Operation Christmas Child every year. Or small things, like working around the church for no recognition.
8. I like that my kids are really responsible at what they get to do, like driving. My kids won't even speed when I tell them to. See, more responsible than I am.
9. I like that my kids pick good friends. And the ones that aren't so good are there to be witnesses to. They are all bold, as far as the teenagers go.
10. I like that my teens will be seen with me in public. Although sometimes they do hide their faces in their hoodies, they still come with me!
11. I like that my kids are willing to help out and go without when money is tight.
12. I love that my kids are not greedy and don't expect tons of presents for things. They are happy with getting anything, and don't complain when they are forgotten by others. And are so grateful to people who do remember them.
13. I like my kids because my kids are likeable! And they are MINE, and you can't have them!

I can't figure out how to get the links here, hopefully my husband will try to help me soon! Leave links in my comments if you want, I'd love to come read!

4 people think my kids are qtpies:

Anonymous said...

It sounds like you have awesome children! I tell my daughters, now that they are mothers, when their children are really acting out that it's better for them to be that way at home than to be that way in public! Your list is great and thank you for sharing!

Anonymous said...

They sound like great kids! Thanks for sharing all their terrific characteristics!

Brought to you by Her Majesty Magenta said...

You have some great kids! And I am so happy to have found someone else who has positive things to say about their teens! You must be an awesome Mom!!! Thanks for stopping by my TT Terrific Teens. If you put "Mr Linky" in a search engine or click on someone elses, it tells you at the site exactly what to do for the auto link thing. If you have questions let me know. My sis "Stacitee" Helps me alot with my blog.

Staci said...

I like number 13 best!