ss_blog_claim=8ec1466a89eb4f6f610664b853a97eba
Our 7 Qtpies

February 04, 2007

Sunday Festivus #4

Sunday Festivus is something started by Pam at Terrific Teens to gripe about yourself or something other than other people.

After swimming on Friday Devon wanted to go to a friend's house. After coming home to do his chores I had no problem with that. They are a few blocks from us, so Devon doesn't need a ride. It ended up that Devon didn't have his cell phone with him, so Kaytlin took it with her. Need I mention that we live in Minnesota and the weather has been 30 below windchill??

At midnight I started thinking Devon would be home any minute now. The people's house he was at do not have a home phone, so I can't call. Around 2am I'm panicing. What if he tried to walk home and froze to death? What if he is unconcious on the road with hypothermia, or in the hospital and no one knows who he is??? I tried at that point to call one of the boys' cell phone from Devon's cell, but the phone was off. And we aren't sure enough of what townhouse he is in to knock on doors at 2am.

By 4 I was praying and crying. I finally left him in God's hands and fell asleep around 5.

7:30am Donnie calls me and tells me his car is broke down and I needed to go get some things for him. I also needed gas. It was so cold that the gas pumps barely worked because of those liquid crystal screens, lol.

8am I finally leave Donnie and head to the store, only to find my wallet is gone. Gas station......... oh man! I go back and it isn't on the ground at the pump, and I know I had it in my pocket at the pump. Thankfully it was in the store and all cards and ID were there! Back to the store I go. But the brake light is on! Why??? After the store the light was off. Ok, fine.

I walk in the door and my husband had just called, he broke down AGAIN! And I still haven't heard from or found Devon. (I had driven by the school twice hoping to catch him before the bus left for a swim meet.)

I have two large cakes to make and I'm thinking that things are NOT going to go well in that area.

Finally, at 2pm Devon calls! OH MAMMA! I went nuts on him! Turns out he fell asleep over there. Why wouldn't the dad call me and let me know?

Well, the cakes turned out, thanks to a friend who came over and worked on them with me.

Today was our pastor's last Sunday and Samuel's dedication. Our drama kids did a couple of skits, and they were a big hit! (Donnie and I are the drama instructors for church) I'll try to get the drama's cut out of the service DVD and post them on youTube this week. And Samuel's dedication, too, for Grandparents who couldn't come because the weather is just tooooooo cold to risk driving this far.

Ahhhh. Much better getting all that out!

The good fun is that I got tons of diapers coming!

1 people think my kids are qtpies:

Staci said...

Wow! Poor you! I'll bet Devon remembers to call you next time.

Glad you found your wallet!