ss_blog_claim=8ec1466a89eb4f6f610664b853a97eba
Our 7 Qtpies

February 15, 2007

Thursday Thirteen #6

Don't forget, I'm having a contest! Share your birthstory with me! Here's a link to the Birth Story Contest!


Thirteen Things I'd like to get my kids to understand!



1. Life is not fair, it can't be made fair.
2. Sometimes people make mistakes in your favor sometimes not in your favor, take the lumps and realize it will equal out.
3. Our family is like a body, every member has a role, and every member is needed. Its hard to balance without a big toe, so please stay on the foot and do your chores.
4. If you do your chore for 10 minutes here, and then another 10 there, it will never get really bad.
5. Just because your item is not where you "left" it does not mean someone stole it, believe it or not, no one WANTS your homework.
6. Look again, I don't care if you did look there, not looking won't help you find it.
7. You are not old enough to be married, you are not old enough to run a house, support a family and pay bills, so stop looking for a spouse. Its hard enough waiting when you are old enough, why add years to the wait?
8. I'm your mom. I know a lot. I do know a lot of what is bad for you. Trust me. God does.
9. I'm your mom. I'm not God. I will make mistakes, and plenty of them.
10. I love you so much.
11. I want you to love God, love your country, love your family, and do your best in life and be happy. Please listen to my advice, you don't have to do everything I say, but please listen to me.
12. Your siblings watch what you do, if smart mouthing and disobedience are not okay for them, don't lead with that example!
13. I love you soooo much. Please allow Christ to lead your life and be your Savior so we can spend eternity together.


Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
1. Jill
2. Di's Book Blog, etc.
3. Joely
4. Carrie
5. Kim
6. Katkat.
7. Babysteps
8. julia
9. Brad
10. Chelle
11. Kristin
12. Anastacia
13. Carol
14. Kai
15. Bad Homeschool Mom
16. An Ordinary Mom
17. JAM
18. Almost Somewhat Positive
19. Mercy's Maid
20. Sanni
21. Pam
22. Raggedy



Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!



28 people think my kids are qtpies:

Di said...

RE#4, I also say, "You can moan and groan about your chore for ten minutes and then do it anyway. Or you can just do it and save the ten extra minutes that you could be doing something fun!"

Jill said...

Wow, 7 kids! You have a lot of courage, woman!!
I really like #7, and they probably only realise too late that adulthood is not that fun!!

Joely Sue Burkhart said...

A wonderful list! Happy TT! Joely

Anonymous said...

I wish I could get my 13 year old to understand #4. Ugh! Wonderful list!

Unknown said...

Very well said! Thanks for sharing! Happy TT!!

Kat said...

What a wonderful list.
I too would like those for my son.
Happy TT!

Carina said...

You're kids have a precious mommy! I hope they listen to you.

Anonymous said...

what a lovely list of lessons for your kids. there are so many gems in there, i can't even pick my favourite. but i do hope that your children will follow the Lord and become godly men and women. God bless!

Anonymous said...

Great list! Many of them sounded familiar!

Unknown said...

Great list! I say a lot of those myself. :)

Anonymous said...

An excellent list! Thanks for visiting my blog, and happy TT!

Kristin said...

I love your list! Here's another one, it's something my mom used to say and something her mom used to tell her too: when it's gone, it's gone. I can't tell you how many times we asked for seconds or whatever and mom said that. I'm sure someday I'll be telling Helen that!

Unknown said...

Interesting list! I've seen a few Thursday Thirteen's today about kids, have you seen the others? I wish I wrote down where they were!

BTW, I'm a first time Thursday 13er, and my list is at anastaciaknits.blogspot.com

And 7 kids - wow, but my mom's first cousin beats you - they have 12, and they are friends with a couple who have 15! Can you imagine?

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed your list. It's very good advice. I'm one of seven siblings myself! I love big families - although I only had two kids - and now two grandkids.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful list! I like the homework one - 'somebody STOLE my homework!'

LOL - yeah sure.

Thanks for sharing!

Meggie Mom Fantastic said...

I cannot tell you how many times, just today, I said quite a few of those things to my own brood :) great list! Happy TT!

An Ordinary Mom said...

What a fabulous list! I hope my kids learn the same lessons!

Happy TT ... and thanks for the link to the funny post!

JAM said...

Awesome list!

I'd like to get my hands around the neck of the person who came up with the word/concept "fair."

I might not kill him/her, but I would like to sqeeze a little bit.

Our biggest chore is getting the girls to do their chores.

Mary said...

I am still working on chores with my almost 6 yr old... It's a huge struggle. I know what you are saying! Thank God He is there to help us, huh? :D Happy 13!

Anonymous said...

interesting list!

Mercy's Maid said...

You sound like a super mom. I think big families are wonderful when you have the desire for it and God leads you to it. It seems like these days if someone has more than 2 kids, someone has something snarky to say about it.

Unknown said...

Fabulous list - thanks so much for sharing. I´m sure I will use many of the phrases some day... we´ve got ONE little boy (9 months old) =)

Brought to you by Her Majesty Magenta said...

Great list. Maybe I can get my kids to read it! I know that it took me to this year to realize why my dad totally freaked out when he was teaching me to drive. So some of those things just take time. If they would only listen now!

Raggedy said...

Fantastic list. I sure hope the same for mine.
Terrific Thursday Thirteen!
Thank you for your visit to mine.
Have a wonderful day!
Happy TT'ing!
*^_^
(=':'=)
(")_ (")Š
Raggedy

Anonymous said...

I'm just gonna print that list and post it on my fridge!! LOL. Now I'm gonna go read about the birth story contest.

alisonwonderland said...

well said! #3 is a very important thing to know! and #5 made me laugh because i've so "been there, done that"!

happy thursday!

KarenW said...

My kids have complained about things not being fair. Drives me crazy! Love your list!

Janean said...

That's a great list. I really appreciate it. I wish my kids would listen to me AND learn from my mistakes. So they don't have to make the same ones when they get older. Because I love them.
I know it's, like, WAY past THursday, but I was just checking in. :D