ss_blog_claim=8ec1466a89eb4f6f610664b853a97eba
Our 7 Qtpies

February 16, 2007

The Super dipe! A review of diapers.


Don't forget, I'm having a contest! Share your birthstory with me! Here's a link to the Birth Story Contest!


I received the Superman diaper that I was crazy obsessed trying to find! This is a MudpieBabies diaper! It is wonderful! Soft, super absorbant and cute as can be! Tiffani does wonderful work on her diapers. This diaper will work overnight, as it comes with a good amount of soakers you can snap in and out for different needs, more for night time, less for day time. I absolutely love the softness of the inside, and the outside is really nice compared to vinyl or pul fabrics I've had on other diapers. I just love it! My 17yo wishes he could get one for himself, but thats a whole other post, lol.
I tried some Bear Bottom Britches that I got used. They have pass through pockets, which I was really wanting to try out. The diapers have really cute fabric. When I saw them I thought they MUST be for newborns or premies, they are SO small and narrow, but I even got one on my 30lb 3yo without a liner in it. They are very deceiving in their fit, which is amazing. However, I would not buy them again. They do not have leg gussetts that keep the poo in, and some of the inner fabric seems to repel rather than absorb the pee, but not all of them. I have 5 with 4 different linings. I love how they fit, and I love the cute looks, but I haven't gotten any of them to work right, even with different soakers. Then I went to her website, and I was just flabergasted at what she posts as pictures of herself on her business website. Unprofessional. I'm not against breastfeeding, because I exclusively nurse my children, and I'm all natural, don't circumsize, nurse in public (covered), etc. A bare br*east doesn't offend me, especially while nursing, but to post a picture of yourself nursing a 2-3yo showing your whole br*east on your business website does not tell me you are a serious business woman. Totally turned me away.
BumGenius! diapers are by far my favorites, though! I love that they fit so many sizes. (I use the one size diaper) I love their cottonbabies inserts, I use them in almost all of my diapers. I love the mudpies and Fuzzi Fannies for fun and function, but they are more expensive diapers. BumGenius are slightly expensive per diaper, but you get so much use out of them! They are my number one diaper, my "workhorse" diapers. Anything else I buy I use for good or fun. Like this summer when Sam will normally just be in a diaper and t-shirt, it will be fun to have really cute diapers on him!
Happy Heineys, which can be bought at my friend's store, Snooty Booty Diapers, are really nice diapers. I love the fabric and the comfort of the inner fabric. The soaker is nice, too. Its a very roomy pocket, and can be stuffed for night time or daytime. Cute patterns. I like them a lot, but they are not my favorites. I do recommend them, though.
*Update
In light of the huge amount of traffic being driven here through the forums at Hyena Cart, I want to say a great big "Thank You" for making my stat counter go crazy!
Really, I want to thank you guys for your support, and the relative few complaints about my feeling that that picture was unprofessional. Feel free to keep emailing. I personally do not have a problem with Angie, the owner of Bear Bottom Britches. I even stated that I liked things about her diapers. Which I do! I use the 5 I do have, however, if Sam poos in them, its all over the place, which is gross, I have NO poo leaks ever with BumGenius! I am a current breast feeding mom, on my 7 child that I have breast fed all of them. I co-sleep, I do not circumsize, I do NOT immunize, and I even vote Republican! I also put my kids in public school and would love to homebirth unassisted, just as Angie does.
This post clearly states that this is a REVIEW of diapers. I reviewed her company and product, stated my views. I did go check out her site again and loved to see that she is proudly standing by her views, and giving fair warning of the picture now. I still feel it is unprofessional on her diaper site, and probably would be more appropriate on a blog, but that is her choice in this free country. If you put it on your business site, that makes it public knowledge what you stand for and up for public scrutiny. I think Angie is probably strong enough to deal with someone not wanting to see it.

15 people think my kids are qtpies:

yofed said...

By curiosity... I am new at cloth diapering, and it seems that my 2 month old just wets her diapers so much that it always leaks, no matter how many layers I put... Disposable are fine, but I'm still struggling with cotton.... and how do you clean them? Are you using anything special?

Kat said...

That is so cute!

Anonymous said...

I went to the Bear Bottom Britches Website and see NOTHING distasteful about the nursing picture. I shows exactly the type of WAHM that I would want to buy from. These WAHMs are also people and can have there feelings hurt by comments like that though :( This was very sad to read

Qtpies7 said...

Dear "Anonymous" I'm sorry you feel that I should not be able to have an opinion about what a professional site should be like. It IS unprofessional to display body parts that are normally covered when that is NOT what you are selling. I did not say anything bad about her personally, and I would say it to her face if I met her. I would say that I am turned off by a picture like that for a business website. She didn't need to do that. And I don't want to see it. I won't go see it again, but I had no "warning" that I would be seeing her private parts, it was forced on me on a professional site.
I'm sure that if it would hurt her feelings that people don't want to see her boobs, she is in the wrong business.
I'm "sad" that I was forced to see something on a family friendly site that I don't want to see. And it honestly turned me off to her diapers. I was being HONEST in my review. I said "flabberghasted" and "Unprofessional" you supplied "distasteful." I was flabberghasted, and it IS unproffessional. Check out ALL the other diaper sites and see if anyone else feels that is professional. I won't be changing my opinion or feeling bad for having an opinion. You have a right to think it is fine and buy the diapers, or make them if you are the owner hiding behind an anonymous comment.

Anonymous said...

i EBF my dd-8 months- and will BF her as long as she wants to, be that 1 year or 4 years or whatever...i am not offended by pics of mothers feeding their LOs nor do i cover up myself when i feed dd in public...a child seeking nurishment from their mother no matter what their age shouldnt offend anyone. i personally would never discriminate against a wahm-especially since im one myself-bc of a pic of her BFing her LO:( i think its awesome that she is proud of it and shows me a lot about who she is. i love dealing with people i feel like i "know", kwim? if you dont like her dipes/trainers for whatever reason i feel you should have just left it at that i dont think you should bring other stuff into it....after all you would still buy from someone w/brown hair, overweight or wearing a green shirt, right? so why should the fact that she is proud of BFing her LO make a difefrence? im not the owner but i do know her and buy from her and i applaud her for her actions

Anonymous said...

Unfortunally, people like you are the problem with the United States that believe boobs are a private part when their function is for feeding our LO's. I think the picture is perfectly appropiate in the "about me" section of her business as it is a perfect discription of who she is, a strong, proud, breastfeeding WAHM. I'm sorry that a picture would keep you from buying anything from her or anywhere else where you do business with that you so easily get offended. My 2 cents worth.

Qtpies7 said...

I understand that you feel it is acceptable to display that on her business website. I do not feel it is professional for a business site. It is not professional and it turned me off to her dipes. Period.
This is a review post. I reviewed her diapers and company. A review is a personal opinion on something based on experience.
The good thing about living in America: she is free to post that, and I am free to speak my opinion on it. And I am free not to buy her products based completely on my opinion. If she cares to reach a larger customer base, she may decide it isn't important to display that, or decide it is more important to her to show that than to sell her diapers. You can decide that you believe in that cause enough to buy from her based on that. Freedom!

Anonymous said...

I agree that's it's unprofessional. While I have nothing against breastfeeding or extended breastfeeding (I bf'd my babies and had no issues doing so anywhere, anytime) I really don't think one should be posting personal pictures like that on their business website. If you feel the need to post pictures like that on the internet it should be done on a personal website or blog.

Anonymous said...

I would never buy from her because of her reputation. I posted on a forum looking for trainers for my 3 year old, and someone mentioned Bear Bottom Britches, and I got eleven PM's from other members telling me their various stories and warning me to stay away. Eleven! I was shocked, and needless to say, I will not buy from her.

Qtpies7 said...

Wow, enough said. 11 people. I got that feeling just from one picture. So, really, I'm kind of glad she posts it so that some people will decide not to buy and be saved that hassle.
Its a shame, really, because the dipes with a little tweaking would be great. I couldn't believe how deceptive they were in their fit! I'm sure that they would fit Sam until 25lbs, but they don't keep the poo in.

Anonymous said...

I personally think that, on other boards, this topic is way out of control.

You know, I see nothing wrong with posting breastfeeding pictures, but THESE pictures I have a problem with. Obviously, this is not a clean family, just by looking at the pictures. I would not want someone making stuff for my baby's bum with such a horribly dirty house.

At least take pictures that are clean. ON YOUR BUSINESS SITE!

I see why the blogger was offended by the pictures. Maybe not by the act itself, but just by the setting.

Dirty floor that she's laying on to nurse, fabric piled up behind a child with horrible bruises and scabs with the diapers on that are FOR SALE.

I agree with the poster. She should not have posted these pictures on her site. We may have different reasons as to why, but there are still reasons.

On topic though.. I've known three people who've used diapers made by her, and they were WAY less than impressed. ESPECIALLY for the price.

Anonymous said...

I, too, will not buy because of her reputation and misrepresentation of the product. After reading about this on another board, I did some digging and found the blog. You have to remember that this person is popular on that particular board, and I think it's all deceptive. I'm sure not everyone likes her product, but they become so chummy with one another via a forum, that they do not want to leave TRUE feedback, and I'm glad you've done so here.

Oh, and I saw the pictures that the previous poster was talking about... yet another reason not to buy. I feel for her kids living like this, and to add another. I think by starting threads about this blog on two different forums, it's her way of inadvertently spamming her product. I've seen her work, and frankly, it looks like very quickly thrown together work done by a newbie.

Anonymous said...

Her site looks very professional at first. The spelling errors were a big issue with me. If she had the bf picture in her about us section that is fine with me, but that particular picture she looks almost sinister. Also, the pictures of her bf'ing her toddler girl in the toddler section made me sick to my stomach. It is not of the beautiful act of her bf'ing, but of the horribly dirty floor that she and her baby are laying on.
I do have some products from this wahm and they have worked well for me, but I have heard some really bad reviews of her products and of her lack of customer service. I can even remember her dragging one of her customer's very personal and private information into things when that customer complained for receiving poorly made diapers and then never receiving the replacements that were promised her.

Anonymous said...

I agree, her photos show a NASTY house with dirty floors, tables, kids, etc. . . I would NOT buy from someone who sold items from a house looking like that . . .

UGH I have NEVER had carpet look like that!

Anonymous said...

GOOD WORK!

I'm not sure Angie realized how bad her pics were until many, many people were directed to her site and not only commented about the tacky nursing pics, but also cringed at the filth in which she lives.

Perhaps someone said... ANGIE.. they're making fun of you! Perhaps she STILL hasn't washed her hair to be able to take a new nursing pic. Perhaps she really does have a broken tailbone, and wised up because of it!

Anyway, the "Adventures in Toddler Nursing on the Dirty Floor with No Pillowcase" pictures have been removed!

Good Job!