ss_blog_claim=8ec1466a89eb4f6f610664b853a97eba
Our 7 Qtpies

March 23, 2007

A little end of week humor!

I've been so busy and stressed out this week that I haven't had time on the computer, and yesterday one of my children was on my computer almost all day doing online school work, so I couldn't get on to post my Thursday Thirteen. I've thought about doing it today, but I'll wait.
Trinity seems to be potty trained. There have been accidents, but many good days, and no more playing in her po*p. We have to go and see her droppings on the toilette and do the Po*py Dance, but that's a small price to pay to not have to scrub it off walls.
Sam, at 4.5 months, is getting teeth. They come and go, and bother him a lot, but have not broke through. I don't want them to come for a few more months, but I'd rather they come through than torture him.

Ok, I promised humor, so I really should deliver, right?
My dd is in a small group of girls with a group leader. The girls love her so much, I can't even tell you how much. It borders on worship, lol. So, leader tells Kaytlin that she has to show up to church on Saturday and help roll bandages for a missionary thingy. As they are working Leader says to Kaytlin "Remember the movie we watched on Wednesday? Well, you be the concubine! Be the concubine!" Kaytlin is just loving this encouragement, right? So, this other lady in the church gets this horrified look on her face! She can't believe this is just said! So she says "Leader, do you know what a concubine is? Its a prostitute!" So Leader and Kaytlin are laughing so hard that they are both in tears. Here is why:
Last week our youth group watched the movie "Harvest" which is about some family, a dad dying, farm needs to be harvested, and the son suddenly hears a thunder as things seem hopeless, and all these combines start coming down the road to help them.
She meant to say "Be the combine!" Now she has to stick with "Be the tractor." because even explaining it she still says concubine!
So, Sunday I find her in the nursery, and we are alone. I say to her "Leader, I need to talk to you about something you've said to the girls." She takes a deep breath, sits down, lets it out and says "Ok." I said "I hear you have been telling our daughters to be concubines." She busted out laughing! It was great!
If that wasn't funny enough, here's something else.

Minnesota Women
Three men were sitting together bragging about how they had given their new wives duties.
The first man had married a Woman from Colorado and had told her that she was going to do dishes and housecleaning. It took a couple days, but on the third day he came home to a clean house and dishes washed and put away.
The second man had married a woman from Nebraska. He had given his wife orders that she was to do all the cleaning, dishes, and the cooking.The first day he didn't see any results, but the next day he saw it was better. By the third day, he saw his house was clean, the dishes were done, and there was a huge dinner on the table.
The third man had married a girl from Minnesota. He told her that her duties were to keep the house cleaned,dishes washed, lawn mowed, laundry washed and hot meals on the table for every meal. He said the first day he didn't see anything, the second day he didn't see anything, but by the third day some of the swelling had gone down and he could see a little out of his left eye, enough to fix himself a bite to eat and load the dishwasher.

4 people think my kids are qtpies:

Brought to you by Her Majesty Magenta said...

I loved that thanks for the laugh! Have a super Saturday!

Pam

Anonymous said...

Sam is a cutie! Rivals my Sam (but he's 11 now, so your Sam will have t compete with Moira). Keep your chin up with the chrch thing. I've been down this road... some may leave your church, but as long as they leave for another church... wasn't it Paul and Peter tht didn't get along very good? had to seperate and the kingdom mulitplied. Hearts can mend. Just stay open to the spirit!
Have a great week!

Anonymous said...

I'm hosting a new meme... come by and leave your link if you want! http://snpnmnmi.wordpress.com/

alisonwonderland said...

thank you for the laughs! a much-needed break in my stress-filled day!