ss_blog_claim=8ec1466a89eb4f6f610664b853a97eba
Our 7 Qtpies

March 25, 2007

Titleless

How's that for a title? I win for most interesting title??? haha

I just don't even know what to say that would adequately reflect what happened in yesterday's meeting between us, the family in our church that have been an issue, and our pastor.
It has become blatantly obvious that her tongue is out of control, and she feels absolutely justified in what she says, and that it is other people's problems for taking it wrong. Its all misunderstandings, mostly on others parts, and that she isn't' sorry for saying things. Her apologies are for your feelings, not for causing them. There is no ownership.
I thought we had actually made it through, gotten to the point where she would "work on it" as her and her husband say, but then she suddenly dug her heels in and said that if we expect her to work on it and control her tongue, but she struggles with it for the rest of her life, then she shouldn't stay here. (trying to get me to say we won't hold her accountable for her words?)
So, there may be another meeting, or they may leave, by her choice, her husband obviously did not want to move on at that point, but he doesn't run the family, he must keep peace in order to be able to live there. It used to be that way in our house, too, and I praise God that He came into our lives and changed that. It was a horrible time in our marriage. Even though things went my way, I wasn't happy.
Now I need to set this aside, and focus my brain on this weeks activities.
I have a Women's Retreat to finalize and run. A cake order to fill. Go see my new niece. Get my son's tennis papers signed and payed for. I probably need to find the tennis racket and get it to him, I'd be surprised if he brought it to school. Plus a meeting for our new church pictoral directory.
I've learned something big in the last few weeks. Don't wait for the last minute to sign up for things, or show up when it starts. I'm planning the retreat, which can be as big as 100 people or as small as 30. But many people don't sign up in advance or pay in advance. I now have to plan for the right amount of crafts supplies, pizza's to buy, breakfast fixings to buy and cook, and if I can afford the speaker with only SIX people signed up! I have more people working it than are signed up! I can't afford that stuff out of my pocket. I have someone coming in for the craft, and even though she is not charging us for her time, we are paying for the supplies. I have a speaker coming, but the pastor said we do have a speaker budget, so I'm good there. But how many pizza's do I order? Do I order for those signed up? Do I order for what I think will happen, about 30 people? What if 50 show up? Do I say, "Sorry, you didn't sign up in advance, so you don't get to eat."???? So, I will be proactive in the future. I did get up in front of church and told everyone that I really needed to know so I could plan for food and stuff, and I think 4 people responded. Mmmhmm. I even let them know that I was scared silly because this is my first event, and since there were more people working than were signed up, I was getting more than a bit nervous! Still, not much help.
I am going to have to seriously pray all week about what to plan, buy, etc. I'll be leaning on God heavily. Our pastor and the former women's ministry leader both encouraged me to keep it going, people will come.
Whew. Why did I agree to make a cake for the same weekend as the retreat? Why, you may ask. Cause I'm crazy. Really, I just love making cakes, and this is a new customer. And she is willing to order from me when she is more than an hour drive from me. Plus I have never done a Lightning McQueen cake! Although there HAS been a search result that led to my sight with that search "lightening McQueen cake." AFTER I had agreed to do it, but I have never posted on it! LOL Surely that's a good sign!
Why am I squeezing going to see my sister into this week? Its 2.5 hours each way, but I have not seen my 3 month old niece yet. I feel like the most horrible aunt! We don't have our van running yet, so I can only go Sunday afternoons or Tuesdays when Donnie is off. Sundays have been crazy, with Drama, the crazy church lady, getting the pictoral directory worked out, banquets that we don't know about that suddenly need Donnie to drop his life and come run the A/V stuff with NO notice at all. Stuff like that. Throw in weeks and weeks of sick kids and I'm just tied down to this town. I've decided that Tuesday is off limits for anything. I am going to go visit my sister and my nieces. I would love it if my husband would come with me and we could leave things behind for a day, but he has more A/V stuff at church. (no one volunteers for that after 6+ months of offering classes for people, he pretty much has to sign people up and say you better come learn it before you have to do it. Donnie and my boys were the only ones who could do it until recently!)
You know what? We have a great church! I don't mean to imply that we don't. We just have a problem volunteering ourselves, and are notorious for signing up at the last minute.

3 people think my kids are qtpies:

yofed said...

What about a Mater b-day cake? Would you deliver in Nova Scotia? (Just kidding!)

I really hope things will go well at your church!

alisonwonderland said...

i handle the registration and finances for the annual women's retreat that i go to - and i totally, completely understand your frustrations with the "last minute-ers"! i hope everyone gets their act together so you can stress a little less about that part of it, at least!

enjoy the visit with your sister. give the baby a squish and a kiss for me!

Christine said...

Hey you! Sorry i haven't called yet. I'm starting to get ready for Friday. Tell D I will have a 4-5 minute video or slideshow with sound on disc. Hopefully that will help for set up. I'll call soon as I need to know more. Love ya! Keep plugging away. It will all pull together.