ss_blog_claim=8ec1466a89eb4f6f610664b853a97eba
Our 7 Qtpies

March 09, 2007

The most powerful weapon on Earth... a devotional


The kids love doing family devotions. And our favorite ones came from these series by Heritage Builders! They have a great example on their website about toothpaste, but it didn't work for us, our son got the toothpaste back in the tube. It cost us $20. They still got the point, though. Well, in one of the books there was a devo on the Most Powerful Weapon on Earth. Donnie stood outside with the weapon while I took turns sending the kids outside to touch it with a blindfold and see if they can figure it out. They got to go out and touch it and hold it and try to guess before we allowed them to see it. It was a tongue. We used a cow tongue, which is really heavy and gross, lol. I think they even suggest using one in the book. We got one because we had actually bought a 1/4 of a cow. Anyways, the tongue is the most powerful weapon on Earth. What you say cannot be taken back and it has the power to do lasting damage. It also has the power to do major good. It made for a great discussion and family time. Combined with the toothpaste activity, the kids were really set to thinking about things.

5 people think my kids are qtpies:

ChupieandJ'smama (Janeen) said...

I love that picture! Great post. I wouldn't have guessed the tongue. I thought gun, knife, club, but tongue was not on my list. But it IS the most powerful weapon for sure.

Anonymous said...

Great lesson, and one I am sure your children will not forget. Love the pic!

Lady G~ said...

Awesome post! We've done devotions from Heritage Builders. I think they are very effective in getting the point across.

We'll have to do, "The Most Powerful Weapon" devotion with out Youth group. Love the picture! LOL!

Unknown said...

I love the analogy of the tongue. Though question the picture you used with it. :-)

Thanks for your comment about potty training. I pray I don't reach that tough, nightmarish stage with my daughter. For now, I'll encourage and work with her as best as I can. Hopefully it will turn out OK in the end!

Brought to you by Her Majesty Magenta said...

WOW! Thanks. I have been praying for better devotionals. I have been buying books, but they lose interst so quickly. I will try it!