ss_blog_claim=8ec1466a89eb4f6f610664b853a97eba
Our 7 Qtpies

March 28, 2007

My neice!


I made it to see my neice, Mac, finally! This is a pic of Sam and Mac. He is just 5 months and she is just a tad over 3 months. His hands are twice as big as her little ones!
At one point he rolled toward her and grabbed her little hand in his and just loved on her, it was so cute! And then she started the screaming. The screaming that she seems to like to do. It was heart-breaking! She cried lots and lots, and I just couldn't help her at all! My sister can't do much about it either, but her daddy? Not a thing! He had her for 4 hours one day and she screamed until she passed out on him! Please remember my sister in your prayers, this is really hard for her, she's a single mom and doesn't enjoy babies, so this is really hard. Its a real blessing that she is able to stay home for now, the father is paying all her bills for now, but that also means she doesn't get away from the screaming.
Funny thing was that no matter what we did, Mac kept screaming, after 1/2 an hour we couldn't take it anymore and my sis put her in her crib, and 5 minutes later she was happy. Weird, huh?
She is adorable, though, and I love her cute little crooked smile! I can't wait until next year at Christmas with 2 one year olds running around the house!
We'll have that on my husband's side as well, since his sister had a baby 6 weeks after Sam. Our sisters were due days apart!
I am getting a few calls that women are coming to the retreat! The speaker, who is my cousin, check out her blog Touching Heaven, has actually been what is keeping me even the least little bit positive about it all. She did not want to speak, and was going to say no, and then God gave her a title for her talk........... mmmhmmm, and she was still wanting to say no, but she got more and more ideas about it, and since they are planning to be missionaries she really needs to get this speaking thing started, right?? Our church is very loving and easy going, so we're a great place to start! (they deal with me, LOL, "Ummm, yeah, women's retreat this weekend, please, please sign up, I'm scared silly!") So, if God is preparing and sending a speaker, He must be planning to have listeners, right? I'm leaning on that.
Somehow I need to find time to bake a Lightning McQueen cake for Saturday pick-up. Maybe for tomorrow's TT I will post 13 cakes I've made.

1 people think my kids are qtpies:

Kat said...

I'd love to see your cakes!