ss_blog_claim=8ec1466a89eb4f6f610664b853a97eba
Our 7 Qtpies

March 08, 2007

Thursday Thirteen #9

Thirteen Things about Lisa
thirteen ways to embarass your kids

1. When talking to them on the cell phone, keep repeating "I love you." until they have to repeat it in front of their friends.

2. Dad to do cheerleading stunts at their soccer (sports) events.

3. When the kids leave up their IM's, get on and tell thier friends "I'm so pretty!" Or talk to their friends and tell them juicy things about your kids, like "We call Drew a Giant Hobbit because he is soooo tall and has the hairiest ankles ever."

4. Talk to their friends. Better yet, volunteer to be leaders of things they are involved in. Then their friends will think you are cool, and your kids will be really embarassed. Their friends like it when you tell them things about your kids. (we are the Drama leaders, lol)

5. Chew out stores for having bad customer service, or screw up your order. (my teens hide their faces in hoodies when we go through the McDonald's drive through)

6. Tell embarassing stories about them in front of them. Like the time they did something nekkid, hehe.

7. Talk about their favorite bands and stuff, and be totally dumb about it. (apparently Alien Youth is not a band, but a CD title by dd's favorite band Skillet. No wonder I couldn't find it.)

8. Try to be cool, use their slang. (My mom did this. "Gel out!" instead of chill out in the 80's)

9. Get caught making out with your spouse. Man, the kids hate that! (Cody told us to get a room one time! LOL) (oh and our pastor caught us kissing at church, lol, that was funny!)

10. Check all their "stuff" regularily, like emails, IM's over their shoulders, their MySpaces.

11. Lick your finger and wipe their face in front of their friends.

12. Talk. Exist. You know, just be yourself.

13. Blog about them.


Links to other Thursday Thirteens!

1. amy
2. Di
3. ChupieandJ'smama
4. jenny
5. yofed
6. Marcia
7. ~**Dawn**~
8. JAM
9. Carrie
10. Dane Bramage
11. Sonya
12. Stephanie
13. tAnYeTTa
14. Sybil
15. Rashenbo
16. Lady G~
17. Marilyn
18. laughing mommy
19. Raggedy
20. Darla


Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!

The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!


22 people think my kids are qtpies:

Unknown said...

im going to have to remember these..thanks for the smile

Di said...

Singing and dancing are also REALLY embarrassing for kids when parents do it.

ChupieandJ'smama (Janeen) said...

Yep, those could be very embarrasing. But since we parents have to put up with the kids, we should be able to have a little fun too :) Don't forget the one where you bring their undewear out in front of their friends (especially friends of the opposite sex).

Anonymous said...

those are pretty funny list! but i don't think i wanna embarrass my kids , well i think i am going to w/o my knowledge i did it!LoL!

yofed said...

SO funny!! An other one... tease them about a crush they have in front of family (aunts and uncles)... That really embarassed me when I was young!

Marcia (MeeAugraphie) said...

It was just being me that did it for our son. . . well, that and bellydancing. . .

~**Dawn**~ said...

#8 totally made me laugh out loud! =)

JAM said...

Embarrassment, the parent's ultimate weapon.

I like saying things that I know were hip two years ago as if I think they're hip now. Like now, I'm all, "Yo. Wuzzup, Dog?" complete with the sideways peace sign. I've done this so much, that my oldest daughter calls me Homey-G most of the time.

I'm sure my daughters are now as twisted as your kids will be.

For years, when Lovely Wife would drop them off, and their friends were standing around, she would roll down her window, and in her loudest, slowest Alabama accent shout, "You be sweet, now! Make good choices!"

Revenge IS a dish best served cold.

Carrie said...

oh, this was great!

i totally agree with #12. that's all it takes, really.

my mom used to say "cool, man!" and somehow, she said it all wrong, and she just sounded like a dork.

my other favorite way to embarass them, or at least make them flinch is to touch their hair as if you're fixing it. they freak the hell out.

Dane Bramage said...

Now that I have the right post! Sheesh. My little ones are hard to embarass, as little boys have no shame. Their sister is another story. But I really like embarassing their moms with stories about how they behaved when they were the little ones age. I tell them right in front of their kids as punishment for what they put me through. It never gets old. I'm such a mean uncle!

Thanks for visiting my 32nd Thursday Thirteen 13 Quotes About Women Edition.

Sonya said...

Too funny! All of what you said is right on the money! This will make kids crawl under a table!

Thanks for stopping by Mo Mhile Gra'!

Stephanie Appleton said...

My eight year old really hates #9. Hilarious list!

*Tanyetta* said...

hilarious!!!!! and ohhhh soooooo true.

Anonymous said...

Very nice. My aunt had a friend whose dad used to take out his false teeth and clack them.

Rashenbo said...

My mom loved making me blush! I can't wait until my girls are older and I can do it to them!

Lady G~ said...

I'm sure that I've embarrassed my children. But it's been unintentional. I'd hate to provoke them on purpose.

#8 was very funny. :o)

Marilyn said...

Ooooh, I knew blogging would be usefull someday!

Anonymous said...

What a great list! Hilarious! Aren't kids fun?

Raggedy said...

Terrific Thursday Thirteen!
My TT is posted.
Have a wonderful day!
Happy TT'ing!
*^_^
(=':'=)
(")_ (")Š
Raggedy

Darla said...

LOL! This is a great list, particularly if your goal in life (as I tell my kids mine is) is to embarrass them. I do quite a few of those myself.

Janean said...

Good list! TOo funny. And if anyone should know about kids, it would be you. :D
My dad used to embarrass the dickens out of me by showing up at our school events (sports, plays) and hooting at the end during the applause. You could hear him above everything..."Aaah HAAA!" he would yell.
Still makes me cringe to think about it and I'm 40 now! :D

Vicky said...

Great list! My parents never embarrassed me! Nope not the once! :D Yeah right!

Happy TT!