ss_blog_claim=8ec1466a89eb4f6f610664b853a97eba
Our 7 Qtpies

April 14, 2007

Tattoo's and other random thoughts

I've always thought tattoo's were dumb idea, and especially should not be gotten while young. You don't know what life will bring you, so you don't want to mark yourself with something that could offend you later. Like 666 and then you become a Christian. Plus, do you REALLY want something on your body that will become all stretched out and gross looking when your 80? What if you need to dress up? Do you want a tatoo showing when your at a very fancy event? Like your wedding? Its never had any appeal to me.

Recently, oh, maybe for the last 6-12 months or so, I've been wanting to get a tattoo. Midlife crisis? (Like I have time for that!) I don't want something others would see, except my husband. I'm thinking my lower back, but found out that is called a "Tramp Stamp." Yep, almost enough to convince me not to get it, lol. Turns out my only sister wants to get one, too, and in the same place! LOL We are so NOT alike in any way, that I find that pretty funny.

So, Thursday I'm trolling around through the Thursday Thirteen posts and someone posted the 13 tattoos they want to get. I responded about wanting to get one some day. That person comment on my TT and said something about me getting a tattoo. I immediately concidered trash canning that post because I would be "outed" to my mom! Yep, she DID read it and called me up and chewed me out! So, um, thanks for that.

I don't understand mom being upset, both of her other kids have tattoos. LOL Besides, I will wait at least another 6 months before I do it, I want to make sure that I still want it, still want the same thing in the same place, etc. I don't believe in jumping into something that permanant.

All the p00p stuff that goes on at my house is an endless source of amusement to my friends. Seriously. They just crack up at all the things that Trinity does with her p00. Its gross, and I don't enjoy it, but I'm pretty laid back about it, because what else can I do? She doesn't show signs of it ending. (well she DID show signs, it stopped for a little while, then the whole carpet cleaning incident happened.)
Last night was ladies night, and as always, our p00p stuff came up, who knows how, but it did. So I had to tell them about my boys. We were having a very good heart to heart one day. Its always nice to get to know more things about the inner workings of your teens and pre-teens. But then it turned disturbing. Apparently there is a price at which my boys will eat p00p. And they even went so far into thinking it through that they decided eating their own p00p would be better than eating someone else's. And their price? As little as $50.
I can't imagine that. If there was a million in CASH sitting on the table with a plate of p00, I would not eat it. I'd say "God will provide, thanks anyway." I would walk away from a million dollars. 'Nuff said. I MIGHT let a spider crawl on me for a guaranteed million, I'd have to think on it.

I've pulled a couple of practical jokes this last week. I said to my dh, in a very suspicious way, "Noone seemed to notice the difference in the mashed potatoes." Sure enough, curiosity was peaked in the eaves droppers. So I fessed up that I had accidentally used breast milk in the mashed potatoes. I was hoping for screaming and gagging, but Drew said "Hmmm, I noticed something was different, but not bad different." Uh huh. I DID accidentally put worchester sauce in there, but not that much, so I know they didn't taste different, lol. Well Cody started laughing his head off and pointing at Drew. See, Cody had not eaten the potatoes because he was out to prove he could live off of tuna for 3 days. Which he did not do. He forgot before the second meal and ate crackers, so had to keep starting over, lol.

So, to keep my pranks going I went for the big guns. I gave Donnie a postive pregnancy test that I found buried in my desk from Samuel. He freaked! "This isn't real, right? No, I mean it, this isn't real, right?" It was great! He was so happy that I am not pregnant that he didn't even get mad at me for doing it.

Then I found out that I got that pranksterness from my mom. Wordless Wednesday #3 is a pic from my mom. That is genuine. But she sent me an email yesterday that had a pic of her deck with SIX of those holes in the snow. What is going on? Drew and I are looking at it and he's saying someone must have done it that time, and I'm arguing that maybe it was the wind through the trees, or water droplets blown into it. Mom did it herself with a spoon just for fun, took a picture of it and sent it to me. Mmmhmmm. I'm that gullible.

6 people think my kids are qtpies:

yofed said...

Tatoos are something that stays with you all your life, so you really have to think about it. My man got one done when he was "16, stupid and drunk", he hates it but he keeps it as a reminder that every act has consequences. As for myself, I got 2, 1 that no one can see, and a cross. A big one, coloured, on my back. The only problem, I have with it is that I have to wear clothes in the same shades if it is to show... plus it terrifies me to know every one will see it at the wedding... and for some reason, whenever strangers see a tatoo, they like to ask you the reason why you choose that particular one, and it's anoying to explain over and over.

Oh, and choose a spot where skin doesn't usually stretch!

If I ever get an other one, it will probably be something to represent my kids...

Brought to you by Her Majesty Magenta said...

That was so funny! And I feel so normal now. When my kids were little my son made my daughter drink his #1 in a cup. I was mortified. I was sure something was seriously wrong with the boy. When I read your posts I realize that all is well with world of children and their excrement. I agree with you, there is not a price that would make me eat p00, and I would add in bugs, I could never be on survivor. Thanks for the laugh. I have never wanted a tatoo but I always thought if I did get one it would be the "tramp stamp" looks like a good place, if you squat people look at that instead of your under clothes ware, and that area usually does not sag (I am a nurse so I see alot of old bodies)

Kat said...

Tats are a big no no at my church. I was a rebal howver and got a tiny tiny one on my ankle for my son. I was 28 and it is tastful and hidden.

Anonymous said...

sorry to add but I thought tattoos are against whats written in the bible.

Qtpies7 said...

What the Bible says about tattoos are not to get them like the heathens do, or pagans do, which is to mark their bodies in grief over the dead. According to a pastor. Some argument can be made that you shouldn't do it all because of that, or that you shouldn't do it that way.
I can say that it does affect my desire to get a tattoo. I have struggled with if it is ok or not. Its not the reason I have not gotten one, but it is the reason I hesitate now. I've wanted the same thing in the same place long enough to know I'd be ok with it, but still not sure its ok with God.
I'll have to check into it further.

JAM said...

I just hate that old looking tatoo green they all eventually turn into. Even the "great new inks" seem to look bad after just a couple of years.

Plus, don't worry about your Mom, with all due respect to her, you earned the right to either get one or not get one without worrying about what she thinks when you got married and moved out. On the other hand, if y'all all still live with her in HER house, well, then you might have to respect her wishes.

I just found out about the "tramp stamp" name for the lower back tatoo from my younger daughter, who is a high school senior, about two weeks ago. I laughed about that for two days. Now every time I see one...