ss_blog_claim=8ec1466a89eb4f6f610664b853a97eba
Our 7 Qtpies

May 25, 2007

Friday night fun at our house


Devon does not like his sisters to wear anything that doesn't cover all their skin. He hates seeing them in swimsuits or anything short. (believe me, we are pretty strict in that area already, so short is not short to most people, lol)

Today, Hope-Anne was wearing a swimsuit that Devon felt was too small and he was chewing her out for it. Kaytlin was defending her and saying it was just fine, it wasn't too small, Hope-Anne was pretty upset about it. But she wouldn't change. She didn't even go put shorts on.

Later they got in another argument over it until she got so mad that she left the house. After about an hour in the garage, she came back in wearing pants. (she found some that were in storage in there)

So we had a discussion about appropriate clothes and appropriate ways to talk to people about it, etc. And we all agreed, except Devon, that wearing a swimsuit is not immodest. So he says "So, you all think wearing a swimsuit is ok, huh?" and he walks off. A minute later he comes in wearing his super slim fitting swim suit from the swim team. (the tiger striped ones in the picture) He stands right in front of Hope-Anne and bends waaaaay over, so we could actually see the white of his buns through the material, lol. "This is still ok?" He stands right in front of her (and I was sitting next to her and got a front row seat for the show) and Hope-Anne says its fine.
Drew decides to "help" by telling Devon to clench up. And he clenched up! Hope-Anne turned away then "Ewwww!" And Donnie and Drew were "helping" the situation some more. "Make 'em dance! One cheek at a time!"
I was in tears laughing so hard!
Point made.
Score one for Devon.
(I'm not laughing now, though, because Trinity just ATE a cake I am making for a friend's child tomorrow! It was cooling on the rack and she came out with big hunks of it in her hands!)

3 people think my kids are qtpies:

Anonymous said...

I'm laughing so hard, you nutballs!
I can sooo see this happening in my family. And I love that her brother was so protective and yet so funny. Great story.
Blessings,
~toni~

Anonymous said...

Your kids are adorable!

Anonymous said...

Hey Lisa,
I can so totally relate to being upset about the cake! Actually, I have to go bake one now for my mom and dad's 55th anniversary party tomorrow. Yes, tomorrow and it's now 12:30am and I haven't even baked it yet!!

I guess I'll have to decorate it after church tomorrow. See ya there in a few hours.