ss_blog_claim=8ec1466a89eb4f6f610664b853a97eba
Our 7 Qtpies

May 19, 2007

Only my friends......

Only my friends could get me to do this. They got me to come to Karaoke night at our church. It was an outreach event. I did not plan to go because I. Do. Not. Sing. I don't. Period. All my friends sing except Jody J, but she went. I did want to support my friend who has the karaoke business, but is doing this as a ministry.
I felt guilty not going all evening.
So what happens about 8:30? I get a phone call. The girls put someone else up to it and bribed me to get there. They said that Sarah would sing Donnie and my song.
Alright. But I'm NOT singing.
Sarah sang I think we're alone now by Tiffani. Not sure who the real first singer was, but that was the version that was "our song." Now we can only dream that we are alone, there never seems to be anyone NOT around. I totally got into it.
And I sang. I sang along with Sarah from the audience. Then got up with a group, only leaving 3 people to watch, hehe, and we sang The Lion Sleeps Tonight.
Donnie sang a few songs, too. And I barely got him there, but he had fun.
Ok, dear friends, I'll even show up next month. And I'll sing I think we're alone now. I will. And if you laugh, I'll give you an interrupting totally uncalled for.

Oh, and here is the Bare Naked Ladies Song I can't remember when I try to tell you about it, lol.

7 people think my kids are qtpies:

Kat said...

I love to sing. And I never get to, because I hate bars. And that video rocks! I lOVE BNL!

Tawnya Shields said...

I wanted to thank you for the nice comment you left on my Thursday 13 post. My apologies for not thanking you sooner.

I wish I could sing. I was in chorus and sang very well until my voice matured. I was a soprano and went to an alto. I never tried out for chorus in high school. I thought this only happened to boys!

I am impressed by those that are gifted with beautiful voices. I really love music.

Have a great weekend.

Carina said...

One of my good friends in grade school was a cousin of Tiffani. All I ever knew about her was that one song. We weren't allowed to listen to it when I was little, because, as my mom said, "Why do you think they want to be alone, anyway?"

She was right, I'm sure.

Fiddledeedee said...

That sounds like an absolute blast!!!! I sing only at gunpoint, but I sure would love to be a fly on the wall. :)

Qtpies7 said...

Kat, not liking the bar environment is the reason my friend started the karaoke in our church. Its a great idea, and we had fun without drinking or smoking. The worst thing that was done, lol, was the guys sang "Bohemian Rhapsody".

Brought to you by Her Majesty Magenta said...

My hubby sets up karaoke for the staff to do for the residents at work. It is a hoot. Except for when a person who sings way off tune is having way too much fun with it. LOL SOunds like you had a fun time!

Pam

Becca said...

Ha. Ha. Now who all knows what the interrupting totally uncalled for is when they read that post? Those two guys are hysterical. I cried the first time I saw their Mother's Day video!