ss_blog_claim=8ec1466a89eb4f6f610664b853a97eba
Our 7 Qtpies

June 22, 2007

Whew! End of the week!

This is VBS week for us, and its been a busy one! Drew and Devon were part of the drama, and they had 5 pages of drama a DAY! I'm the drama leader, so I've been running the projector for them, yes, cheating with the words on the screen. My boys are some clowns, I tell ya! They've done a great job all week, along with R, the other drama kid.
Trinity and Sam are holding up, but are definitely not cut out for such a busy day yet.
Thursday night, Donnie was at the church doing some work for the worship team and then helping a church member get some computer work done, and it was getting LATE. He wasn't home yet at 11pm, so I figured he'd not only be hungry, but probably was ending up alone with the woman from church, so I ran some pizza up there. I got one block from home and stopped at a stop sign. I went through east ahead of a car heading north. They ended up turning east after me. They had two lights on the bottom of their bumper, but one was burned out. They followed me to main street and turned with me to the right. They followed me all the way through town and turned left at the light with me. The only thing that direction that late at night is the grocery store. But why would they have been heading north to turn south? Doesn't make sense. But they followed me PAST the store out of town. Hmm, weird. Then they turned with me to toward the church. I'm getting more than a little weirded out. This is out in the country, and they wouldn't be heading to our church at 11pm, its locked up. So I turn into the church, sure they are going to turn into the trailer park across the street or head on down the road. Nope, they follow me into the church parking lot! Oh, yes they did! I went around back to the side where my dh is parked, and they did not follow me that far. I sat there with the lights out but engine running so I could take off if I needed to. They didn't come around. What could have possessed someone to do that? I was pretty freaked out.
My fridge started to die, the freezer seemed to die, then it started back up, froze up really solid, then made some ice and then it started to melt again. We cleaned under the fridge in the coils, we defrosted it completely when we were without power for 2 days........ Its 8 years old, but still, why wouldn't it just die or not die? Could it be freon, or is it a warning that I'm about to have to pull $800+ out of my butt?
Thankfully I DO have a job lined up for next week, but its only a temp. I'm doing the church secretary position for a few days. But not going to buy me a new fridge with that.
I wish my brain worked, because I had more to blog but can't think of it.
Earlier this week we went swimming at some one's house. Trinity took a bit of a dunking and decided pools are evil and screamed a scream of pure torture. And we are no longer planning to swim this summer, lol. Sam loved it, though.
Oh, Trinity was funny tonight. I went to put her to bed, got her dressed in jammies and got her a drink and tucked her in. She was drinking (yes, I'm a bad mom and let her drink milk in bed at night) and I was telling her good night and "I love you" and she pulls the cup out of her mouth, and I think she's going to say I love you, too, but what she does is to lift her other hand and give a princess on a float wave to me. It was so cute!
Sam did somethings that make me worry that he's going to be a pill very soon. He's crawling and pulling himself up on furniture now at 7 months old. So he finds a spoon on a table and decides to crawl around with it, oh, and to stick it in the fan. Yep, that makes a funny noise! When we take that joy away from him, he decides to search for more fun things to play with and pulls a phone charger cord out from under the loveseat and eats it. Its plugged in. He starts crying. I don't see how he can be shocked from that, so I make Devon test it in his mouth. Yep, you CAN, indeed, get shocked from that, lol. Poor boy! But as I was comforting him, he reached onto my computer desk and went for another cord. Not real bright, that boy.

2 people think my kids are qtpies:

Carina said...

Ick! How scary being followed that far! It's a good thing you had a man at the other end.

Oh, and poor guinea pig Devon! =) Actually, I make my husband do that kind of stuff around here. When we first had Zaya, he even rubbed "No-Tears" shampoo directly into his eyes. He wanted to be "sure". He says it actually does sting just a little.

Anonymous said...

Your family is so cool. And funny!

Hope your fridge/freezer keeps working!