ss_blog_claim=8ec1466a89eb4f6f610664b853a97eba
Our 7 Qtpies

July 11, 2007

Our day trip

Wordless Wednesday is the post below this one.

Yesterday I had to bring my niece home. Its a good 2.5 hour drive each way. By the time we got to the nearest town, Sam was just livid with being stuck in his car seat just minutes after waking up. Poor guy! So we stopped at a Burger King to play in the play ground. Trinity and my niece needed the play time, too.

Here is Sam looking down at me, he did not like it at all! Scary!
Kaytlin took him through the tubes, which he liked unless she put him down in them. So she had to crawl through tubes made for 6yo's with her 16yo body while carrying a baby under her arm, lol. That's love! He didn't seem to mind the slide, too much.




He sure is smiling about being OUT of the play ground! Actually he was having fun and it was a good break. We got back in the car and he went to sleep within a couple of blocks.

We got close to where we turn out of town and I told Kaytlin to get in the other lane so she cold turn at the next light. She didn't listen to me. So I repeated it. "Get in front of that truck so you can get over, that stop light up there is our turn." She still didn't listen, she kept driving right along side the truck. Finally she listened to me! And as she was getting ahead of the truck we saw a turn lane and got confused about which one it was and she whipped in front of the truck and put on her brakes while pulling into the turn lane. She scared the you-know-what out of him and he slammed on his brakes which ended up causing him to skid into the turn lane and rear end us. We were stopped at that point and fully into the turn lane when he hit us. It was barely a bump. (and it was the WRONG turn lane)
But because he had this HOOK sticking out, and our car is made out of FIBERGLASS or something, it broke into the car. Otherwise we would have exchanged paint.
So, our trip got a 1.5 hour extension.

While we were waiting on the officer to make the report we got to see Sam broke through his very first tooth!

The mystery of his grumpiness is solved!

Our day only got better though. Donnie didn't have his insurance in his car, and I don't know why. Thankfully we did not get ticketed for that, or the broken windshield. The officer was wonderful, he encouraged Kaytlin, told her its all part of learning, if she only knew how many cars his boys have gone through cutting across traffic, too, she needs to get back behind that wheel and not be scared. He was great! Even told me how to tell her how to drive so not to stress her out..... The driver was nice. He looked like a big biker dude getting out all ticked off and started to yell at her "What did you think you were doing?" I asked him not to yell at her, and he said "I'm not swearing." I said I understood that but I did not want her yelled at. He stopped! He did not traumatize her, he was mad, but he was very good about it. I thanked him for it, I told his company about it, too.

When I got to my sister's house I called Donnie to have him call the officer with our insurance info. When he told the boys about the accident Drew fessed up to rear ending our van with our other car on Sunday! So, ALL three of our vehicles have been in accidents since Sunday. Drew broke a blinker cover and didn't even mention it to us. Uh huh. He says its Kaytlin's fault because she parked the van badly.

9 people think my kids are qtpies:

Anonymous said...

Love the photos of the playground... but I'm so sorry about your accident! Thank goodness nobody got hurt.
- Audrey
Pinks & Blues Girls

Stepping Over the Junk said...

I can't get past that you have SEVEN KIDS!!

Jackie said...

Oh, I'm so sorry about the car owies! You sure do have a great attitude, though! That's going to go a long way in helping your kids go through future stresses.

Anonymous said...

So sorry about the accidents.

chelle said...

strange stories for having three accidents for a day..well, im kinda sure Kaytlin will be kinda more careful now...pretty lack of focus on her part..a friend of mine got his hood collided and replaced a new mercedes hood...he had to have those or else his car will appear unattractive..:)

Leah said...

When it rains it pours.
Lessons learned and discoveries found.

Me said...

WOW!!! I'm sure Kaytlin felt terrible! You guys have had a ton of stuff, way to keep a positive attitude though!:) I can't believe how old he looks in that playground-don't you wish we could just skip the whole teething thing!!

K said...

sorry about the accident... but good picts... thanks for visiting my blog! and good mom -- sounds like you handled the imperfect situation perfectly... I like that you were very tactful at asking the other driver man to not yell at your daughter -- some may have chosen to yell at him for yelling at her.. it is best when means match ends...good, good...

and a new friend!! :)

Suzanne Di Silvestri said...

I am SO not ready for my kids to start driving. I am already aging fast enough. How did you keep so calm and positive?!