ss_blog_claim=8ec1466a89eb4f6f610664b853a97eba
Our 7 Qtpies

July 12, 2007

Thursday Thirteen~ Rock, Paper, Scissors

13 new Rock, Paper, Scissors moves.
I don't know how long ago Rock, Paper, Scissors (RPS) was invented, but it is typically a kids game to decide who gets to go first on something. We've all played it. You know you have!
But last week as I was blogging along, I came across a blog talking about how they were surfing through ESPN and saw an ADULT RPS championship game. This was on ESPN. This was not a game, it was a championship!
I told my husband and boys about it, saying there was a game they could all compete in. Well, on Tuesday, while sitting in the dentists office, my husband and Devon read a science magazine and found out there are hundreds more RPS moves now! I couldn't fathom this, so we looked it up. Here are 13 of those new moves. You can even get shirts and posters with the new moves on it.

1. Sword. Outclasses scissors, stabs woman and man, slays the king, impales the vampire, faster than poison.









2. Poison. Endangers the planet and the church, kills the man, woman, king, baby, duck, snake. It even knocks out the vampire.







3. Pit. Oh, this is a dangerous one! It swallows the gun and sword, engulfs poison, contains fire, and knows no law!






4. Peace. Peace is a powerful one, too. Peace protects man, woman, king, queen, even the snake! It even cleans the toilette!








5. Law. Protects the wall, prevents death, sets in stone (rock), protects man, and keeps the peace.







6. Gun. The gun breaks the law, shoots the prince, closes the school, but best of all: it shoots the spider! It doesn't get any better than that!






7. Dynamite. Well, you know it explodes! So it beats lots of thing, like all the living creatures. It breaks chains and the Law. It creates the pit. Good stuff.







8. Duck. I didn't think this one could be all that powerful. But never underestimate a duck. It flies from the wolf, its bigger than a bird, swallows diamonds and lays golden eggs. It even hides from UFO's and Aliens. But best of all: it eats the spider!





9. Camera. The camera captures things, like the community, peace, duck, even the spider!









10. Cage. Not affected by the axe, keeps the peace, and even traps the spider!












11. Computer. Now we all know this one is powerful, but it has powers that rival nature! Not only is it sexier than butter, but it can turn your brain into a turnip and prevents babies! Tell me that is not one powerful weapon!

(my pictures did not all want to cooperate!)
12. Toilette. I had to know what this one was about. It answers prayer. It stinks SKY high. It is easier than math. Pollutes the planet. And it flushes the law.
13. Video Game. It is a mental pit, confuses the baby, and entertains the man. It couldn't be more true than that! It entertains the man.


20 people think my kids are qtpies:

Anonymous said...

that's pretty cool! u made it more interesting by having an illustration, so cool! mine is up, hope you could visit!

Lori said...

LOL...love it. You sound like such a cooooooool Mom:) Happy TT.

KarenW said...

My kids will love this! I 'll have to check out the site. Thanks!

JAM said...

I had no idea.

I guess that once the Klingon language was finished, the dweebs of the world had to find something else to invent.

From now on when I get up out of my chair in the middle of a show or movie, and my family asks where I'm going, I'm not gonna say anything.

I'm just gonna give them the Toilette symbol.

Mama's Moon said...

Ha! This looks like fuuuun! Wait'll Hubby gets a load of this...I'm gonna 'rock' his world and kick his all-knowing hiney!!! Thanks for sharing & happy Thursday!

Unknown said...

I had no idea a RPS competition would be on ESPN! Of course, I also had no idea all of these others existed. I always thought it was either rock, paper or scissors!

Kristi K. said...

That's really neat! Very entertaining! I especially like "confuses the baby and entertains the man." Ha! ;)

Thanks for stopping by my blog and "Happy 13!" ;)

Andi said...

I have seen it played with "Spock." Of course this uses the "Live Long & Prosper" hand gesture.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful!

I'm going to have to convince my guy to play this with me :-)

Perri Nelson said...

Interesting list. I think the additions just make the game more confusing.

The original game is a masterpiece.

Crissybug said...

I had no idea there were that many other moves! I don't know if I could memorize all of those. I will have to pass this along. Great list!

Susan Demeter said...

This is too cool! Happy TT and thank you for stopping by!

Anonymous said...

So cool! I'll never remember them all.

Tink said...

I didn't know the game, but it made a very good TT!
Thanks for visiting my essentials TT.

Denise said...

Holy moly. I thought there was rock, paper, scissors... no idea there were so many other moves. cool TT.

Lori's Light Extemporanea said...

Well...there's always something new to learn, isn't there? Whoda thunk it?

Anonymous said...

Great pictures, my girls were hanging on my trying to mimic the pics. I never heard of any of these moves.

Gattina said...

Looks to me like a sign language, I never heard about that !

Anonymous said...

I seriously love this list, particularly because my husband and I play it all the time for the dirty jobs and I always lose! I'm totally pulling a fast one on him next time!

By the way, Lady Bird Johnson did die yesterday at the age of 94.

Take care,
Amy

Susan Helene Gottfried said...

Finally checking in (I was out of town) -- this is neat, if a bit wrong. Why mess with a classic, you know?

Still, it's been done and I'd better learn it before my kids start flashing weird hand signs I've never seen before...

Thanks for the heads up!