ss_blog_claim=8ec1466a89eb4f6f610664b853a97eba
Our 7 Qtpies

July 15, 2007

Romans 8:28


This is our youth pastor and his family. Chad and Nikki and their two little C's. (she hasn't given them blog names yet) They were at our church when we started coming regularly, not yet married.
I was so excited to find out they were going to have their first child, C1, and soon afterwards we found out we were having Trinity. They are 4 months apart. Within days of me announcing Sam was on his way, they announced C2 was on the way, and we were due within days of each other. C2 and Sam were born the same day, 12 hours apart.
I can't even begin to tell how much we love them. My teens have grown so much under their leadership and love and encouragement. I know that they love my kids, not just because its their job, they love our kids.
Our church sent them on a sabbatical for the summer. But one day they showed up at church again "for a youth activity." But then announced they were leaving us for their home church. We were very sad. We love them so much! But I just knew that it would be good for them to be back home and near their family.
I hate change with a passion! You have no idea! But God gave me total peace about it. And I held onto Romans 8:28 All things work together for good for those who love God and are called according to His purpose. I just knew that everything would be good for our church no matter what happened.
And that was the same verse the elders used when praying about a search committee for a new youth pastor.
Today at church there was a big announcement. Drum rolls and everything. The elder told how that verse had proven true and God was honoring His word and everything IS working for our good because we are called according to His purpose.
Chad and Nikkie are staying! We're not sure how it all came about, but we are so incredibly blessed and so unbelievably shocked and thrilled! I cried and cried!
My teens will have Pastor Chad for their graduations, which is a big deal to them, graduating is not the big deal for them, having Chad speak is important to them. My future teens will have Chad around, too. At least the next couple of kids. Devon is a ways from graduating and Cody joins the youth group this year. (I can't even think about having 4 kids in youth group!)
I can't think of a better reason to blog twice in one day than this!
Drew and Kaytlin are both out of town and do not know about it yet! We got a copy of the service and are going to make them watch church since they missed it today, then they get to experience it too, if they don't get a call that spills the beans first.
Nikki, you need to rename your blog now! Keepers4PEFC works! We love you guys and are overcome with joy that you are staying with us!

4 people think my kids are qtpies:

Me said...

We are equally excited to be staying here!!! Our church and youth are truly an extension of our family-we love you guys!:)

Jackie said...

I know how important it is to have those solid youth leaders. I'm so happy that they're staying. What a blessing!

We have three in the youth group now (starting from sixth grade) and it gives me heart palpitations.

Jackie said...

Oh, and I just found that picture at the Underground mall -- too cool! So then, I had to do a quick overview of your latest baby! What a sweetie!

I can vouch for the fact that or seventh child gets tons of attention and coddling. He's just so darn cute! Even now, at six, we all just want to pinch his cheeks!

Anonymous said...

That is such great news! Having a good youth pastor is a treasure you never want to let go of, never mind the extra special connection that you seem to have with your youth pastor and his family.