ss_blog_claim=8ec1466a89eb4f6f610664b853a97eba
Our 7 Qtpies

August 16, 2007

Thursday Thirteen~ Hmmm


Thirteen Things that drove me nuts!

1. We paid off the car last month, and the "Service
Engine Soon" light came on and we lost power
steering. Knew something would happen though, that's
the law of paying off your vehicle.

2. The electric company mistakenly turned our
power off
yesterday and I had to go yell at them to
get it back on, the tech did not believe me that I
should not be on his "list" to shut it off. And now the
A/C or the furnace doesn't work because of it.

3. We are trying to move our in-laws to our town,
but I could not go because of the car and because I
can't speak. I have laryngitis.

4. We are camping this weekend, but even though
Donnie is on vacation, he can't get the stuff together
because he is busy constantly until Friday morning.
This means I have to do it, while sick, and busy. And
I hate camping, I don't know what we need.

5. I enrolled Cody in online public school, but our
two schools don't agree on the paperwork, so he may
have to start in October instead of September. (but
they supply the computer and printer!) I have to run
around today trying to fax and print things without
either machine.Can't work it out on the phone
because I have no voice.

6. Tuesday we went to Minneapolis to drop one kid
at the airport in the am and pick another up in the
evening. LONG wait in between. Wasted a whole day
in the cities. (well, it wasn't a waste, we just didn't
get the stuff we needed done at home done.)

7. Everywhere we went Donnie drove the wrong way
first. Weird because he is incredible with directions
and finding places. And I do mean "everywhere we
went" he went the wrong way first.

8. Our dryer is broken. Hope to get that fixed soon. And
our freezer doesn't freeze ice cream but does keep meat
frozen.

9. Two of our vehicle windows are broken. One from a
bathroom sink, and one from a rock off a gravel truck.

10. Our roof leaks in windy storms. Won't be fixing that
any time soon, but need to.

11. Sam is teething and has a cold so he can't breathe,
is in pain, and nurses. We are not getting enough sleep
especially when he has to open his mouth to breathe,
but to keep hold of his food supply he has to use his
teeth. I woke up more than him with my scream!
(And I am positive I will NEVER get a piercing on my
chest area thingies!)

12. We are missing one of our hamsters. It has been
missing for a couple of weeks. Imagine when we do
find it......

13. While in Minneapolis on Tuesday, someone dinged
our car with his door, while we were in the car. Didn't
even acknowledge it. I wanted to go all "Lois" on him,
but Donnie wouldn't let me.


I know once I post this, I will have a dozen more, but
I struggled to get 13. My brain is stuffed up. Next week
will be a surprise with a surprise!





13 people think my kids are qtpies:

Sassyfrazz said...

Great post. I hope you have a better weekend, than the week you have had. It will be fun...no worries!

Denise Patrick said...

This has not been your week. I hope the little one is feeling better. I remember when my nursing baby got teeth!

My TT is about my Summer travels.

Anonymous said...

well..umm..it can only get better now right?

Sandee said...

Okay, if you hate camping why are you going? I hate it too and refuse to go. That simple. If you want to go take the kids and I'll see you when you return. Okay, great list of vents and I hope you feel better. Tell your hubby that you should take a sick child camping... Have a great TT. :)

Sandee said...

I mean you shouldn't take a sick child camping. Sorry about that.

Chelle Y. said...

I cannot imagine that big family and a broken dryer. God bless you! :)

Spy Scribbler said...

Everything breaks at once, doesn't it? I swear! Here's hoping your luck turns!

Happy, er ... Repaired TT!

Amy's Blah, Blah, Blogging said...

I hope your trip goes well!

Anonymous said...

2. The electric company mistakenly turned our
power off yesterday and I had to go yell at them to
get it back on, the tech did not believe me that I
should not be on his "list" to shut it off. And now the
A/C or the furnace doesn't work because of it.

EEEEEEEK! NO FUN! I dont know how hot it is over in your neck of the woods, but I'd be roasting here if the AC was off. No fun at all!

Nell

Anonymous said...

Hope you feel better and so does the nurser....biting hurts!

Anonymous said...

great list!

byoc said...

Let me see, what kind of advice can I give you - mother to daughter? Welcome to my world sweetie - like mother like daughter - except my electric didn't get shut off and my dryer works. Keep your chin up - this too shall pass - oh and keep sending me grandchildren, I'm loving it.

Kris said...

Are you SURE this is "your" week to go camping? Ummmm.....seems like it's almost begging for trouble, girl! LOL