ss_blog_claim=8ec1466a89eb4f6f610664b853a97eba
Our 7 Qtpies

October 28, 2007

Strange, awesome and a bad decision

Strange, but true: I was up late decorating Sam's birthday cake and doing some last minute tidying up around the house when Sam woke up at 1am. I am trying to stop nursing him at night, because he is a year old and certainly shouldn't be waking up at night or needing to eat 4 times a night. So, we had a screaming match on our hands. We tried the 'ole switcheroo where Donnie takes him and he gets good and mad and then I "save" him from the mean daddy. That worked for 15 seconds. Then we started a video, which works great. After about an hour Donnie, who has been growing his hair out until hunting season is over, says "I think I'm going to cut my hair." OK.
Well, I'm sitting there with Sam and I hear and FEEL the house vibrating. I run to figure out what it is and find Donnie alternately shaving and randomly cutting off chunks of his hair! At 2 AM!!!
Awesome: Trinity is the lucky recipient of the $10 reward for finding my camera that was misplaced mid August! She just reached down the couch cushions and pulled it out. (I have searched and vacuumed the couches over and over since then digging for the camera!) She wants to buy a Barbie with her reward money.
Bad Decision: We are down to one vehicle part of the time. Donnie's car works, the van doesn't, mine needs a new tire and some other MAJOR work, and Kaytlin's car only starts when it feels like it. We borrow my in-law's car sometimes, too, but we had to bring it back this morning. So, right before church starts we figure out that Kaytlin has their keys. Donnie runs off at 10am to bring them the keys. It is youth Sunday and Drew and Kaytlin are playing on the worship team or in the drama and Devon is running the visuals. At 10:45 Kaytlin is looking all over for Donnie who hasn't come back yet. (its a 5 minute drive) Kaytlin has to be at work at 11 and her work clothes are in the car. No idea where the car or Donnie is.
We finally get Grandpa to come and get her, but still don't have the clothes. Well, I'm just freaking out about what could have happened to him. Finally, finally, at 11:10 he shows up. He had managed to beat his dad to the church and bring Kaytlin to her work with 5 minutes to spare. I asked him where he was.
"I mad a bad decision." Did you go to Walmart? "No, I mad a BAD decision. I went to take down my deer stands." This is about 25 miles away! So he got there and looked at the clock and remembered Kaytlin. He had to book it 90 mph to get back in time! And he did not, in fact, get his stands down.

That was just the beginning! We also had Sam's party today. And lets just say "It's his party and he'll cry if he wants to."

3 people think my kids are qtpies:

Anonymous said...

what a morning youve had already hope it improves

Sassyfrazz said...

yeah 4 Trinity!
Sam is persistant...huh?

I am glad Donnie is safe...and that Kaitlyn got to work. :)

JAM said...

I just love reading how peace and calm reign at your home. I feel so relaxed after reading your posts.