ss_blog_claim=8ec1466a89eb4f6f610664b853a97eba
Our 7 Qtpies

December 24, 2007

Grandpa Gas

Yes, it is what it sounds like.

Last night on the way home from Donnie's sister's house there was a Great Odor. Oh, Lord, please, please do not let Grandpa have had diarrhea in his pants! Please No!

I was desperately wanting to open the window, but I didn't want to embarrass grandpa. I look over at Donnie through my teary eyes and he has his thick-gloved hands over his nose, disguised as scratching his mustache. Mmm-hmmm, its bad. And it wasn't him.

None of the kids fessed up, either, nor did they make a comment, as bad as it was. Normally they start screeching "Cody!" Not one word. Oh that is bad, it has to be Grandpa.

That was not the only time it happened on the trip, either.

We dropped Grandpa off and sent Cody up to make sure he could get the door opened, under the guise of getting some presents so Grandpa wouldn't be mad that we are helping him. While he was gone we started talking about the gas.

Hope-Anne chimed in how she had to sit by him on the way to Daphne's. She'd hear a low "shhhhhhhhhh" and then the smell. It was horrendous. She did not sit by him on the way home. But it didn't matter because the smell was worse.

I'm going to spider web a bit before finishing my story. Hope-Anne and Donnie both have told tales about the dangers of walking BEHIND grandpa. Toot. Toot toot. Tooooot. Rotten odor.

Back to story.

Cody gets back in the van and we head home. Then the smell happened again. Cody!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It was YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And we were blaming poor old Grandpa!!!!!!

We should have known when it was bad enough to make our eyes water. Cody's farts always smell like something crawled up his butt and died. And the are ALWAYS Silent, but Deadly. Yes, Cody has perfected the SBD.

Cody "I had to do it."

3 people think my kids are qtpies:

Praise and Coffee said...

Merry Christmas!!!

Luke 2:10-11
10 But the angel said to them, "Do not be afraid. I bring you good news of great joy that will be for all the people. 11 Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is Christ the Lord.
NIV

Sue

Unknown said...

I laughed so hard at this post! You are so funny!

Sassyfrazz said...

That was super nasty! P.U. oh, my goodness! I bet you were about to pop Cody one!