ss_blog_claim=8ec1466a89eb4f6f610664b853a97eba
Our 7 Qtpies

December 16, 2007

Kids singing in church is always funny!

Trinity's class was to sing in church today. Just the 3-5 year olds, the rest are doing Christmas program later today.

Two of my best friends have children in that group, too. Jody and Sarah. Well, Jody has a really special child. He has an amazing vocabulary, and is very intelligent with absolutely no shyness. He is about to turn 4, the same age as Trinity.

After they sang the first song he turned around and started playing the drums. He always wants to go play them during church, and there was his big chance! So the teacher went up and redirected him to the FRONT of the group. Right in front of the microphone. He attempted to say something but we couldn't hear it. So they sang Away in a Manger, and it was adorable! After everyone got done clapping, DJ reaches up to the microphone, stands on his tip-toes and says "Any Questions?" as loud as you please!
We were rolling!
But it didn't end there. We went to Burger King with his family for lunch after church.
Donnie asked me for my tomatoes that I had picked off my chicken. DJ apparently doesn't eat tomatoes. He announced, very, very LOUDLY, "I DON'T EAT TOMATOES, THEY MAKE MY BUTT RED." He didn't say it just once, either. Because apparently our laughing meant we hadn't heard him. So he repeated it a couple of times.
It was great!
Ya'll, you need to tell Jody to start a blog! This is a daily occurrence for her. She reads my blog.

5 people think my kids are qtpies:

Anonymous said...

That was hilarious in church this morning! I told Jody she'd better be sending that tape to AFV. I think it could be a winner. Too bad she didn't have the camcorder going at BK! LOL! (or did she?), that would have been even better.

You're right, she really should start a blog.

Sassyfrazz said...

That was hilarious~ and really, it was quite fitting...Jesus was in a manger (any questions?) From the mouths of babes (as Millie said to me). I think it was precious! I think Jody and Jeannie need to blog! :) How funny what happened at Burger King! Hee Hee~~

see you tomorrow!

Workship said...

I didn't come to church as Darling still has her cough and I wanted to take her to Deer's program later. As each person came in the door, they told me about the adorable boy that asked for questions! He is fantastic!!

Polly Pierce said...

Kids! Aren't they just amazing? They love to drop us right in it, one way or the other, don't they? That post is a classic, I love it. It's always better when told by someone else; we get that bit too involved to enjoy it when it involves our own!
Merry Christmas!

Carina said...

Oh, you fill me with fear. Our church has a Christmas Eve program soon, and they've threatened to hand Zaya the mike for one of the songs, and they've given him a part. I am scared to death of what he's going to do/say if front of the church.