ss_blog_claim=8ec1466a89eb4f6f610664b853a97eba
Our 7 Qtpies

December 14, 2007

What to Expect this cold and flu season A Review

I think most of us are fans of the What to Expect When You are Expecting book and subsequent books. Now they have teamed up with Clorox to make a guide to help us avoid the colds and flu's going around this winter.
With all the hugging, kissing, handshaking and present swapping, germs are bound to spread like wildfire this time of year.
Mom Central sent me the little guide What to Expect Guide to a Healthy Home by Heidi Murkoff, which is a great little guide to not only making your home healthier, but also how to be healthier at the playground, public bathrooms, etc.
I think my favorite part was where it says that you can't get sick or diseased by sitting on the toilet, even that nasty one at the rest stop! I hate squatting over the seat, now I know that I don't have to. Which is good since I gave it up at 8 months pregnant.

Some of the great tips are already implemented at our house, but others were new to me.
When you use that public changing table you should not use the disposable paper covers alone, because germs can get through the paper. Put the paper down and then put your changing pad on top of that.
For the playroom, the best defense is a good offense. Have the kids always wash up BEFORE they play with toys, and wash the toys and play surfaces regularly. To keep sick germs off your stuffed animals, put them in a plastic bag and put them in the freezer for 24 hours to kill germs.
If you would like a free down loadable copy of this booklet you can get it here. What to Expect Guide to a Healthy Home. The guide hits every room in the house, and even the day care. I am not a germophobe, but I appreciate every practical tip to keep our family from coming down with the flu. I was happy to learn about some ways to change things for the better for us. Maybe we won't spend this Christmas with our old friend The Flu.

1 people think my kids are qtpies:

Sassyfrazz said...

Did you do this review on your own, or was it a request? Sounds like a super book!