ss_blog_claim=8ec1466a89eb4f6f610664b853a97eba
Our 7 Qtpies

December 30, 2007

My Christmas Blessing

A few years ago the only thing I had from my grandparents, a ceramic Christmas ornament with Grandpa's handwriting on it, broke. I held onto those broken pieces. Storing them on top of my desk, where I would occassionally uncover them and start to cry. I missed my Grandpa so much. And then my Grandpa pass away. I was given nothing of hers. I was sad, but things don't take the pain away, anyways.
But then my dad called me recently and said he had gone to bat for me and got Grandma's nativity set for me. I didn't have it to display this year, but when Dad and Ma brought me in their room and showed me the set. And then Ma asked if I had a stable for it, which I didn't, but she had one in her closet!
I cried as I unwrapped each piece. So, this is the set, except the angel isn't part of it. I got it for Christmas and just added it to the set.

Next year I will have to get somewhere high and closed off to display this, becuase I don't want to think about how much crying I would do if one of these carefully preserved pieces broke. I even have the original boxes they came in!

5 people think my kids are qtpies:

Anonymous said...

how wonderful Im so pleased for you

Jen at http://my3boysandi.wordpress.com/

Me said...

Heirlooms are a wonderful thing, what a neat gift!:0)

Mrs. Stam said...

Just want to stop by to wish you Happy new year!!!!!
Renee

Sassyfrazz said...

That is so precious and great! Now...where to put it, hmmm...
Is Sam going to be a ball-thrower?

*yikes...:)

Ann said...

What a beautiful heirloom! My aunt painted a nativity set for me--it's precious too :) I'm glad you have something from your grandma!