ss_blog_claim=8ec1466a89eb4f6f610664b853a97eba
Our 7 Qtpies

December 30, 2007

A swing and a miss

I am proud to be a Christian. I want my kids to be proud to be a Christian. You have to teach them from birth, if possible, so that they will love God and love His Word and His ways. Everything can be used to teach your children about the King.

Last night Trinity was forced to sleep in our bed, where Samuel already sleeps, because she has sort of been misplaced with some bedroom switching we've been doing with the kids. She really wanted to "sleep" on the couch where some kids were watching TV. So she starts in with "I'm scared of in here." I know she isn't scared, she usually wants to sleep in our room. But I'm a good mom and I use this as a teaching tool.

You don't need to be afraid, not only do you have Daddy and Mommy here with you, but God is bigger than the Boogie Man and he lives here too.
"God lives here, not the boogieman." Pipes in Donnie.
No, God lives far away.
God lives in your heart, sweetie.
No! God lives in Heaven.
Yes, but God's Spirit lives here, and He is in this room with us!
I don't see Him.
We can't see God with our eyes, but we know He is here. Like your brain. Do you have a brain?
No.
Yes, you do have a brain! It's in your head. Can you see it?
No. (teehee)
Does Mommy have a brain?
Yes.
Can you see my brain?
No.
That is like God, he is here, but you can't see him. Oh, and blood! Do you have blood?
Yes.
Can you see it?
No.
But its there inside of you?
Yes.
God is like that. You can't see Him but he is there.

She's getting it, so I swing one more at her:

And air. Air is here, but we can't see it. Can you see air?
I can see the air in Hope-Anne's room!

And a miss.........

Can't argue with the truth.

4 people think my kids are qtpies:

Sassyfrazz said...

That's funny! Good lessons! :) I like how you did that with her

Jackie said...

Maybe a swing and a miss, but sounds more like a whole bunch of strikes. : )

Carina said...

Toddler theology! Expect the unexpected!

Me said...

I love those teachable moments, it is so fun to be able to share with them and be used as a tool for the Kingdom!