ss_blog_claim=8ec1466a89eb4f6f610664b853a97eba
Our 7 Qtpies

December 12, 2007

O Christmas Tree, O Christmas Tree

Ha-ave you been drink-ing?

Yesterday I finally decided to go ahead and decorate the tree. Donnie didn't trust the tree stand before he moved it to this spot and added some wood to help it stay in the stupid stand. (all this is not helping my hatred of real trees)
About an hour after I had it decorated, minus the star on top that Donnie always puts on, it fell over. We could not get it put back up right. For awhile we had it setting on the chair next to it. This is as far as Donnie got it back up.
While it was tipped over, Sam went over and snagged a red glass bulb ornament. You think you know where this is going? No, he didn't drop it or throw it.

He ATE it.

Yes, he took a bite and started chomping on glass. I could hear it crunching across the room.
How do you get glass out of your child's mouth without cutting him when he has no desire to let you take it away? It wasn't pretty. However, he didn't get cut at all, and neither did I. I'm hoping he didn't swallow any, but I don't know how I'll know that.

After all that, I dreamt the tree lost all its needles and I had to bring out the artificial tree and disappoint Donnie.
If only!

4 people think my kids are qtpies:

inspired said...

Oh My Word!! What a nightmare! I don't know what I would do at that point! To go through all that trouble just to have to get out the artificial! Did you get the bulb out of his mouth???

Stephanie
www.homeschoolblogger.com/inspired

Anonymous said...

YIKES! I am so glad there were no cuts! scary thought!

I thought you might be interested to know that I started a blogroll for the quiverful minded. For more info visit HERE

Sassyfrazz said...

OH, that is so amazing that you and Sam didn't get cut! Poor little guy...I hope none was swallowed, either.

Ann said...

oh dear! The tree was bad enough but then for your little boy to eat a bulb! Seems it all worked out okay. Our tree fell over last year. And I didn't take a single picture. We had a good laugh over it!