ss_blog_claim=8ec1466a89eb4f6f610664b853a97eba
Our 7 Qtpies

December 11, 2007

The unnecessary spat?

When you are parents of seven kids you have to take your dates with your spouse when you can get them. We did just that this morning.
Most of the kids were off to school. Cody, Kaytlin, Sam and Trinity were all asleep. So, off Donnie and I went to pick up our glasses in another town. On the way there we caught up on things, his boss situation (messy! but better) and my busy work situation (blogging, lol).
There were few people in the optometrists office, which was located in another town, because we were there 1/2 an hour before they open. They agreed to let us in early so Donnie could get to work.
After adjust our frames, and me trying to figure out how to adjust to such a DRASTIC difference in vision, we were heading out the door. The gal handed me the glasses cases for both glasses, and sort of indicated that the black case with stitching and a name etched in it was mine. That left the plain navy one for Donnie.

Who thought the black one should be his. This is how it went:

The black one is mine.

No, it is mine, see, it says "Claiborne" right on it.

Yes, look my glasses say "Claiborne," dear.

Um, so do mine.

Well, the black one is mine.

(snicker, snicker from the gals in the office as we walk out the door.)

No, it isn't, besides it is all girly, look at it.

That is for my glasses, it has the brand right on it like my glasses do.

Look, my glasses say, uhhhh, umm, not Claiborne.

HAHA!!!

Well, its a sissy case and I'm trying to save you the embarrassment any way.

It's fine, I don't use a case anyway.

I don't either.

6 people think my kids are qtpies:

Praise and Coffee said...

*smile*
Too cute!!

Carina said...

Yeah, we have those kinds of arguments too. Often.

Sassyfrazz said...

You guys are so funny! I think that is a classic~

Anonymous said...

Too funny!

Kris said...

Hmm....I believe my teens would say, "You guys are such DORKS!"

byoc said...

Reminds of Dad and Hank arguing about butter vs oleo. Funny