ss_blog_claim=8ec1466a89eb4f6f610664b853a97eba
Our 7 Qtpies

February 23, 2008

And the marathon begins, sort of

This week is marathon organization week at our house. Donnie has the week off. (he was going to keep the kids all week while I was going to Maine!)
He has car repairs to work on, and we are going to do major laundry at the laundromat and get rid of all the clothes that don't fit or are not worn. Make lots of room.
We have to move furniture around and get mom's room ready. Get the basement organized to fit her things. And get through the garage....... that is bad. My girlfriend and I had a garage sale last summer and we were going to do it again, but it didn't happen, so all the stuff is still there ready to be put out on display.... and the kids like to have all night video game parties in the garage, so tables and stuff are still set up.......... and my own junk I haven't gone through in years is there.......
Never mind, I may skip the garage. Sorry, mom, it would be faster to shovel more of the driveway to fit an extra car, lol. (I won't be able to get out of that one. Donnie wants his garage back and he bought a garage heater so I couldn't use the cold as an excuse.)

Drew has a speech meet today, so I have to go watch his match today. He does the same speech like 3 or 4 times at the same meet, so I am only watching one round. I may have to record them so you can see/hear some of the really lame ones, lol. OK, no, I won't do that since I'd have to get their permission, and then they'd want to show their family and they'd see me calling it lame. So, I'll just put up Drew's lame speech. Normally he is good, but this year he has stunk up the joint more than done well. I think he needs a new speech. Cody thinks it is funny. So, if his judge is 12 years old, he will do well.

Hey!!! Blogger got the spell check working!!! Now I won't make so many mistakes!!

5 people think my kids are qtpies:

Anonymous said...

sounds like you have a mountain worths of work ahead of of you guy's good luck in getting it all done. I just went thru a mountains worth of clothes, its so amazing how much we have and the fact we only wear 10% all the time and the rest just sits barely used.. Good luck.

Unknown said...

You have such a huge job! Is Mom moving in indefinitely? I hope you make your goals!

michelle said...

When you finish, maybe you can come over and take care of my place before my sister arrives. I have spent a span of months going through our house and gathering up all of the excess stuff. It is all in boxes and piled in two different rooms of our house. And there it sits. Waiting. I haven't decided what to do with it, so now, instead of being hidden in closets and cupboards, it is now cluttering up my everyday living space. I can't decide if I should garage sale it all (a big hassle) or just kiss it good-bye and donate it, taking the tax write-off. At this point, I just want it gone so I can have my life back again.

I hope you are able to get all of your tasks accomplished with that annoying little clock ticking in the background.

Michelle
www.northofthe49.com

Big Doofus (Roger) said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog today. I read a lot of mom blogs and I love them.

This speech team stuff brings back a lot of memories as I used to be a regular when I was in high school. It was such a geeky thing to do and yet I loved almost as much as drama.

Our Home Schooler and Jen said...

hope you get all you done done
Jen