ss_blog_claim=8ec1466a89eb4f6f610664b853a97eba
Our 7 Qtpies

February 12, 2008

How to Be a Budget Fashionista

I am a frugal person. (my family would lean more toward calling me a mean tight-wad)
I came across this website about being a budget fashionista and I couldn't resist reading her book.

How to be a Budget Fashionista is written by Kathryn Finney.
I was expecting to find great shopping tips and how to look good for my body type on my budget. Some of that was in there, but our idea of budgets is completely different.
Getting a very popular purse on sale for $200 is not my idea of a good deal. However, there were so many great ideas in there that helped me out.
I have a tendency to go to the thrift store and buy a bunch of clothes that I may wear only once, if that. Kathryn says "Buy what you love and love what you buy." Her list of must haves is small, and then have one big splurge item. If I followed her advice I would not have a problem keeping up with laundry.
Not everything was expensive, for example, some must haves are the t-shirts from Old Navy. Have a couple different colors and they go under everything, from sweaters to blazers.
This book would be especially good for you if you know what a Prada bag is and who Donna Karan is. But even a thrift shopper like me can learn some things with this book.

1 people think my kids are qtpies:

Mom2fur said...

One time I went with my husband on a business trip to Chicago. I went into some store, I think it was Neiman Marcus. Being a 'sorta frugal' person, I of course headed right to the clearance rack...
...and headed right out of the store.
Thank you very much, but $600 for a dress is not my idea of clearance! (I guess it was $1000 before. Boy, was I in the wrong store!)
So I guess one person's 'good deal' is another person's 'are you kidding? I could buy groceries for two months with that!'
I do like the idea of love what you buy...but most of the time, I can't really afford to buy what I love, LOL!