ss_blog_claim=8ec1466a89eb4f6f610664b853a97eba
Our 7 Qtpies

February 12, 2008

What's up in the Qtpie household?

Sam got some gum stuck in his mullet last week. I don't think you can see the gum in the picture, but it is there. This sparked the decision that Sam would get his first haircut. I wasn't really ready to do that because he is still my baby Sam, but Donnie wanted it cut. He was going to use the buzzers on him, but I said no, I would cut it with the scissors when I was ready.
So, I'm talking on the phone with a friend when Donnie sees an opportune moment to snag Sam and shave his head. With the buzzers. And Sam didn't mind a bit.
Before:









After.
Next we found a way to help Sam sleep through the night. It was getting so hard to have him cry so much at night, and Donnie felt he couldn't breathe well through his nose. So, we started slipping him a mikey before bed. Don't worry, it is a kid-friendly mikey called Triaminic Strips.
This is how hard he sleeps, he can sleep sitting up.
Last night he actually slept the whole night and not in our bed! That is a first. Usually he at least gets up around 5 to come in our bed. This morning it was around 8am!
The other news in our house is that our family size is about to grow. We are going to be a household of 10 instead of nine! We are all so excited about it.
My biggest fan is coming to live with us. I know that some of you all are big fans and read my blog daily, but none of you are as big of a fan as my mom, she prints out my blog posts, even.
Sadly, she is getting a divorce. It is not a great situation, and I am sad for the end of her marraige, but I am so happy that she is coming here to live!
She could move to her own place, but we hope she doesn't do that. She plans to stay a year or two, and we are hoping she will stay longer.
So, the last week of February we will have a new family member in the house!
OH, and I have some more giveaways planned for the rest of the month. Whew! I love this job!

7 people think my kids are qtpies:

Tarasview said...

that's great! We are thinking of having my mom move in with us as well.
And your son looks adorable with his haircut!

Our Home Schooler and Jen said...

how lovely he is sleeping
great news that he slept thriugh the night makes a big difference doesnt it
Jen

Carina said...

For just a second there I thought it was an "announcement" of a different kind, and I thought, "I hope she has twins!"
Moms are good news too, though!

Laura Paxton said...

An extra set of hands! What an exciting addition! And so cool that you are able to help her!

JAM said...

Best wishes for the whole situation with your Mom. I hope she comes to live with y'all too. Being surrounded by all the madness will probably be good at taking her mind off her troubles. Lots of grankid's hugs and kisses will go a long way in helping her, I'm sure.

The pics of Sam sleeping are great. Glad you guys had a whole night without him crying.

Sassyfrazz said...

Great hair cut...no more mullet! LOL

I am excited to get to know your momma!

Drugging your child to get more sleep...hmmm, I should give maddie some, LOL~
I am not sure I can do that. Glad you are getting more sleep, though.

Susan said...

That is so awesome. I love my mom. She and my Dad are moving into our guest house as soon as they sell their house in California. I can't wait I love having family near me.