ss_blog_claim=8ec1466a89eb4f6f610664b853a97eba
Our 7 Qtpies

February 28, 2008

Let the light shine in

Face it with a grin!

Do you ever hear God talking to you? Sometimes you just know it is God. Sometimes things just happen that you know God is using to speak to you. And other times you just don't realize it is God talking to you until later.
That pesky hindsight.
Donnie lost his wallet last night. We were kind of freaking. We searched all the normal weird places Donnie sets it. (he has a reputation of putting his wallet in "safe" places and forgetting them)
We followed the trail, praying God would help us find it. He even went to the scene of Drew's flat tire, thinking it could have fallen on the ground. Nothing.
This morning we searched the cars in the light. Nope. Not even at the last store he had it at.
I prayed and prayed.
So I just kept working and cleaning. I felt the urge to open my blinds in my room, which I never do. But I decided not to because Donnie might want to take a nap, he didn't feel well.
I kept working but didn't find it!
So I sent out an email prayer request to an email group I belong to. And right away some women started praying.
We searched our room where Donnie had been napping last night. Finally we gave up. Donnie just leaned into a doorway defeated. We'd have to cancel everything and order new ID and everything. I sat on the bed defeated.
"Oh, Lord Jesus, we need to..."
What is that? Right there behind the window blind? That looks like the snap on Donnie's wallet!
"Donnie, you put your wallet in the dumbest places. But I guarantee you didn't lose it for good."
"THE WINDOW!!!!" That is what he said. He figured it out from that. He was exhausted when he laid down and just didn't remember doing that. LOL

If I had just listened to that prompting from the Spirit to let the light shine in, I'd have faced it with a grin!

4 people think my kids are qtpies:

Workship said...

Horaay!!!! My dh and both know that feeling. He has Donnie's skills for putting things "away safely". I love the way you blogged this story. Cool. God's blessings on your transition with your Mom joining the family.

Unknown said...

What a neat way to say it...God telling you to let the light shine in, and facing it with a grin! Love it!

Susan said...

So true. Listeneing to the Spirit when he prompts us is huge and amazing. When I found out I was pregnant this time I swear God told me no Diet Coke. I love Diet Coke but it was laid so heavily on my heart that I quit drinking it that day. About 3 weeks later I was watching the news and they had come out with research that caffeine can cause miscarriages. I was so thankful I listened to the Spirit.

I am very glad he found his wallet because that is one of the worst feelings in the world.

Sassyfrazz said...

well said! God is our light and salvation~ REALLY! That is great that his wallet is found! That would have been awful to get everything all changed over...what a mess.

Good that God spoke to you, and wallet is safe (for now). :)