ss_blog_claim=8ec1466a89eb4f6f610664b853a97eba
Our 7 Qtpies

March 01, 2008

Mom is here!

Well, my mom got here and we got everything unloaded. We are waiting to unpack after we paint the room.
To prepare for mom, I went out and bought a bed in a bag set so she would have a whole set. We don't really have a lot of things for the queen bed set and Kaytlin was keeping her blankets when she moved to a twin. It is a pretty bed set, sage green with pretty roses on it. I even bought coordinating green throw pillows for it. The bed is a pretty antique white wrought iron bed.

I asked mom if she thought it was a nice set. Turns out that she bought that exact bed in a bag set for her husband for Christmas.

So now they are sleeping in the same bedding sets 1000s of miles apart like star-crossed lovers. She doesn't find the star-crossed lovers part funny, but both her and John think it is funny that I bought the same set.

Or maybe it just goes to show "Like mother, like daughter."

10 people think my kids are qtpies:

Anonymous said...

Yay!! The comforter set sounds so pretty. :)

Carina said...

Glad she made it safe and sound.

Lisa said...

Happy shemade it safe and sound and its funny that you both had gotten the same bed set's.

Sassyfrazz said...

Yes, I would have to agree, like mother like daughter...and you two look alike, too! I am happy she is here now. It was great to see you ladies last night! Thanks so much for coming over. It was a great highlight of my night to see you!

I hope you had a great day today! I look forward to seeing you a few times next week!

Kristin said...

I tagged you http://kailasmommy.blogspot.com/2008/03/tag.html

Workship said...

Welcome, to your Mom. That is so funny about the bedding. I hear you look alot alike. I'd love to see a picture. :-) Happy settling in!

Unknown said...

I'm so sorry that I'm so out of it, but why is your father 1000 miles away from your mom? I would assume a divorce, but you said she bought him a bed set for Christmas and I got confused.

Anyway, where's the picture of this awesome bed set? I'm dying to see it now!

Anonymous said...

Like mother like daughter!

My sister and I do things like that all the time!

Susan said...

I am so glad your mother made it there safely. I can't wait to have my mom and dad with us. They come and stay about 4 to 5 months with us every year but soon htey will be selling their house nad living in our guest house and I am so EXCITED!!!. Have fun with your mom and enjoy this time with her.

Mary P Jones (MPJ) said...

Welcome to your mom! You certainly have a full house now -- with three generations!

Sorry, I have been thinking of you and owe you an e-mail -- I'm (as always in my life) terribly behind.