ss_blog_claim=8ec1466a89eb4f6f610664b853a97eba
Our 7 Qtpies

February 26, 2008

Oooo, Date Night!

So last night Donnie's sister decided she was in horrible labor while at work. Not horrible enough to stop working, but bad enough that she needed her mom to get there to watch her first son when she goes to the hospital. We drove her mom to her house.
We decided that since we were in the Twin Cities we might as well make a date night out of it. So I took my restaurant.com gift certificate and found a restaurant. It sounded like fun, a steak house with just the two of us!

We went to Lindey's Prime Steak House in Arden Hills.
The place was really rustic looking inside. It reminded me of my grandma's old place, Donnie thought so too, since the place apparently used to be a house, it is entirely easy to see.
So we sit down with a nice view of the fire place, which was very nice, btw. After awhile the waitress comes over and says "Here's your menu." and plops this giant sign down in front of our table and walks away.
Yes, that was our menu. Do you want steak, steak or steak? A side of hash browns? You don't like hash browns? Sorry, that is all we make. You want Ranch dressing on that salad? Sorry, we only have one choice. The only option you had was which steak and how done you wanted it. You don't even get your own hash browns, the table shares a plate of them. But let me tell you about the steaks. They were HUGE. They looked like roasts. Seriously. Mine was cut into 3 steaks to cook it well done. Donnie's was cut in two at the table. Donnie was in heaven eating this meal. Me, not so much. I'd have preferred a hamburger and I hate hash browns. Oh, and please believe me when I tell you that pickled watermelon rind is the nastiest stuff ever. It was like pickled apple cider hunks.








I was one of two women customers the entire night. Seriously. Every other table was a group of men. So weird!
Then we decided to go to a movie. Do you think that after being subjected to a man's meal we got to see a chick flick? Uh, no. But I can pretend!
We actually saw Jumper. Not a bad movie, but save your money to rent it. Some of it was pretty lame, but over all it was a good movie.
And now, Donnie owes me big.
Next date night we get my choices!
We have a New Years Resolution that we CAN keep. We are going to eat out at a new restaurant each month of 2008!

3 people think my kids are qtpies:

Lisa said...

I love date night in our house, it sounds like you had a good time.

Anonymous said...

That is an excellent resolution. I wish I could have taken your place at dinner last night...giant steak AND hash browns = heaven to me.

Anonymous said...

Next time Dan will have to go with Donnie and we will have to go together.