ss_blog_claim=8ec1466a89eb4f6f610664b853a97eba
Our 7 Qtpies

February 14, 2008

Thursday Thirteen #53





Happy Valentine's Day!

Thirteen gifts I have gotten over the years.




  1. Card and Candy, the most popular.


  2. Necklace.


  3. Bracelet and earrings.


  4. A baby. (conceived)


  5. A message in a bottle.


  6. Exercise outfit. (yes, he nearly died)


  7. Fantastic supper.


  8. More candy.


  9. Stuffed animals.


  10. Just a card.


  11. 1lb chocolate heart!!!


  12. Dozen roses.


  13. Nothing.

This year, Donnie planned ahead, thanks to a coworkers wife who sells jewelry and emailed all the guy's friends with a sale to get presents in time for V-day. I got a sweet black cameo necklace and a gold chain with a gorgeous slider!

Oh, and for you guys out there that haven't been shopping yet, go get a few roses and one fake one. Write a note telling her how you will love her until the last flower dies. She'll swoon. Trust me.

That is what I was going to do for Donnie today, but he begged me to let him buy a bow from a friend, so that is now his present.




15 people think my kids are qtpies:

jayedee said...

happy t13!
hope you have a wonderful valentine's day!

Melissa said...

Super cute flower idea! Love it!!!

suchsimplepleasures said...

what a great flower idea!! i'll be lucky if my hubby even remembers it's valentines day!!

Tarasview said...

nice list!

Neen said...

I tell my husband every year DO NOT GET ME FLOWERS! and he always does. I'd rather have something I could keep and not throw out 2 days later. He will never learn.

Anonymous said...

Sounds very much like my list would go (except for the exercise outfit, lol). I love that picture!

Happy Valentine's Day.

Laura Paxton said...

Great list! I usually get the flowers AND the jewelry...never can figure out what to get the hubby... Happy T-13!

Unknown said...

I am laughing about #6 only because hubby has made those same mistakes...sure I want an iron honey, come here so I can clobber you with it ;)
We still love them.
Happy TT and VDay

Grandma J said...

Ummm...you got jewelry again, Lisa?? You all know what that means don'tcha? Will there be 8QTpies by the end of next Ocober??

I got a dozen roses yesterday, and a stuffed frog prince carrying a box of chocolates today, along with a corny valentine.

I asked him, "What do I get tomorrow?" teehee

Melanie said...

Fun stuff! (except # 13) Happy Valentine's Day!

Unknown said...

I remember you blogging about the exercise outfit! HAHA! I hope you had a great Valentine's Day!

tasha said...

Wow, an exercise outfit, hahaha!! Happy TT!

Sassyfrazz said...

OK, you got jewlery...so here comes another baby soon~~

Happy Valentine's day! I am sorry I forgot to tell you earlier!

I heart you~

dawn224 said...

that's a well done idea!

Diane Meyer said...

Just wanted to say that is such a darling picture. Also, are you as sick of the snow as me??
Diane in Oregon