ss_blog_claim=8ec1466a89eb4f6f610664b853a97eba
Our 7 Qtpies

March 04, 2008

My new exercise plan

My mom arrived on Friday and I have been extremely busy since then helping her get settled and also going to visit her sisters.
We left Sunday afternoon to go to my Aunt Betty's house because my Aunt Gwen was visiting from Arizona. Just out of our alley my mom ran a stop sign.
"Mom! That was a stop sign you just ran!"
"Oh, oops! I'll stop twice at the next one."
"Mom, that doesn't work, you can't double stop to make up for that!"
"Sure I can!"
And her sisters agreed with her.

Aunt Betty lives several hours away, so you know we had to make a potty stop. While there, Aunt Gwen calls and asks Mom where we are.
"We stopped to go potty in Le Seuer." I thought that was pretty funny, but maybe I am weird. Potty. In Le Sewer, get it?
We hit the road again and about 10 miles later came across a series of signs that baffled and horrified us. Partly because we wondered what must have happened to bring someone to buy 4 professional signs and put them up to display this message:
If you must sample
her pucker paint
Make sure to drive
Where the traffic ain't.


Strange, huh?

We went there just to play cards. Really. We drove 3 hours each way so Mom could play cards with her sisters. As we were playing cards and it was my Aunt Gwen's turn, Aunt Betty got all sing-songy and looked our way and said "Whatcha got there, Sugar?" And the look on her face was all cutesy and playful. We ALL looked at her like she was out of her mind talking to her 60-something sister like that. But then we all followed her line of sight to see her looking at Samuel, lol. Everyone one of us thought she was talking to Aunt Gwen like that! Had to be there, I know.
So, then, they decided to tell me that my Aunt Gwen, who has been widowed for one year after 50 years of marriage started dating. I was completely floored and horrified! But apparently the line he gave her made him irresistible.
He reached over and put a hand on her thigh and said "My mind is writing checks my body can't cash." and you know what she said? "Can't you use a credit card?"

But the best thing of all, my Aunt Betty gave me some great exercise advice! And believe me, there aren't too many people thinner than my Aunty Betty. She probably needs to fill her coat with rocks to keep from blowing away!
One of her grandsons gave her a wooden block and she puts it on the floor every day and walks around it twice. She swears by two trips around the block a day being the best exercise ever! And I can't argue, she is way thinner than I am. I think I shall take her advice!

3 people think my kids are qtpies:

Carina said...

Those are some amazing women right there.

No, seriously, I think maybe you could make a movie about them, or at least a sit com.

=)

Lisa said...

"My mind is writing checks my body can't cash." and you know what she said? "Can't you use a credit card?"

Now that is just too funny!!!! About the block that was very funny also, thanks for the morning laugh..

Sassyfrazz said...

That is hysterical! So witty and funny! It sound like you had a great time!