ss_blog_claim=8ec1466a89eb4f6f610664b853a97eba
Our 7 Qtpies

April 19, 2008

I toured Northwestern College and all I got...


besides a $108,000 college bill, was this coffee cup and ink pen.
Kaytlin has been dreaming about Northwestern for about 4 years now. Even though it was a LONG day, and I walked and walked and walked, I am glad I went. Kaytlin will really fit in well there. She is still going to look at a couple of other colleges, but I know this will remain her top choice. We walked into the Nazareth Chapel and I said out loud "Wow!" and the usher laughed and said "We get that all the time." It is GORGEOUS! I was so peeved at myself for not bringing my camera! You cannot even imagine the splendor of it. The architecture is gorgeous. It used to be a Catholic boys school, so it is heavily influenced that way.
Everyone is so nice, and SO happy. You didn't see students walking around with a frown, or hurriedly rushing from place to place. Across the board they were happy, relaxed, comfortable. Yeah, right, huh? But they were! Another set of parents didn't believe it, so they snuck off the tour and started questioning people and couldn't find anyone that didn't love it there.
Kaytlin loved the dorms, the campus, the cafeterias. It is the college of her dreams.
I wonder if it isn't because she dreamed of Northwestern, all the things she has heard from people that go/went there, so it is exactly what she expected. I am thrilled because it is so close to home, and it takes Donnie 10 minutes to get there from work!

3 people think my kids are qtpies:

Tarasview said...

$108000!!!!!????? That is insane. We have a tuition fee cap in Canada and it is generally between 5 & 10 thousand dollars for one year. I can't imagine paying that much for school.

Canoearoo said...

Dh and I both went there. We love that school! Great teachers to

Sassyfrazz said...

Northwestern is a great school, and that Chapel is beautiful! What a great school! I hope Kaytlin will go there...I think she will be happy there. Yes, that is great that it is close to home and Donnie's work! :)