ss_blog_claim=8ec1466a89eb4f6f610664b853a97eba
Our 7 Qtpies

April 13, 2008

The Last Day of our 19th Year of Marriage

Yes siree, after today we are on our 20th year. We've been married for 19 years.

To celebrate we decided to go to a very special restaurant. One that is only open on Sunday's for a champagne brunch. (we won't even discuss the price, because I would never pay that much, even if the food was excellent) We went to Windows On Minnesota on the 50th floor of the IDS Tower. Great view!
This pic has the IDS Tower in the middle, and we were on almost the top floor, there are 51 floors on the elevator.



The happy couple!


You know it is a big building when the elevators are divided up by floors. We went on the elevator that only went on floors 39-51. And it moves FAST! Our ears were popping, and on the way down we were pretty sure eating before riding was a bad idea.






I debated posting this, but I am all about honest blogging. And I am a newb. Sorry, but I even photographed the fancy bathroom, including the toilet paper that was folded all pretty. And they do keep it that way, I returned to the same stall later and it was refolded.





The bathrooms were really gorgeous and the pics do not do it justice. Gorgeous tile, beautiful wood doors, shining brass fixtures.... Super luxurious. I was spoiled, for sure!








Here is a view of the bridge that collapsed. It is starting to be rebuilt. You can see the supports going up in this pic.










The food was not great. I had some Salmon, duck l'orange, curry lamb, and some salads. They were passable, and the salmon was actually pretty good, but not excellent.
However, the Mimosas and the desserts made up for it! Oh, that adorable little shot glass with the white stuff topped with some sort of raspberry gelee stuff was amazing! It is called Panna Cotta. Oh, it is amazing! And our waiter, Beta, was wonderful. He took the picture of us.



After brunch we went to a movie. There is a new Keanu Reeves movie out now, and my friends know that was a treat for me! It is called Street King. I do not recommend it, despite the eye candy. It was a good story, but predictable mostly, and loaded, LOADED, with the f-bombs. If the f-bombs were not there, I'd say wait and rent it. Even though Keanu is in it. Rent The Lake House and enjoy the eye candy without the language.
So, tomorrow is our actual anniversary, but we had a great day today to celebrate.

7 people think my kids are qtpies:

Jessica said...

Happy Anniversary! Sounds like a great date!

michelle said...

Congratulations! May you have many more happy years before you.

Keanu filmed part of one of his movies a few years back, in the town that we were living in. We went down to "see" him, got some pictures, and a friend of mine even reached over and nabbed his autograph for me...using my pen...which I still have and now refer to as my "Keanu Reeves pen." Crazy, I know, as I really do not idolize him in any way. It was just neat to see a celebrity up close and see a bit of what they are really like when they aren't plastered across the tabloids some where.

Michelle

Kris said...

Happy Anniversary guys!

I'm in awe of your views....and the food, yes, but the VIEW!

Jackie said...

You crack me up with that toilet paper shot. Happy Anniversary!

Laura Paxton said...

Happy Anniversary! Glad you guys were able to get out for a nice meal!!

Anonymous said...

Sweat place to eat. I'll have to remember this place for a special date with Nikki. Folded toilet paper, nice touch. Awesome view of the city. Way to go Donnie (if indeed it was his idea).

Chad

Sassyfrazz said...

Happy Anniversary to my dear friend and her hubby! WOW~ 20 Years! You've got 50 to go...hee hee. Congrats to you both!

Yes, I agree, what a view! That is amazing!
I was at a hotel in Chicago when I was in college where they folded the TP just like that! It is fun. When I got home (to my apartment) I kept my TP folded like that for about 6 months. It is fun! I will have to remember to do that for you when you come over next time. LOL~

That was a great place to go, and it looks like you two had a superb time!