ss_blog_claim=8ec1466a89eb4f6f610664b853a97eba
Our 7 Qtpies

June 19, 2008

My first time

Yesterday was my first time chaperoning teenagers on a youth trip. It was actually a lot of fun! We went to Valley Fair, which is an amusement park in Minnesota. Most of the kids did not need someone with them, they just needed to check in at times, so the adults got to go play, too. And the best part, it was free for the adults!

Part of the time Donnie and I were alone. Like a date! I made him go on rides he doesn't like (wet and upside down) and I went on rides I don't like (fast and serious drops). It really was a great day.
Here is a picture of us after going on The Wave, which is similar to a log ride, but SO MUCH wetter. Donnie hates it, but I could go on it all day over and over. We were pretty wet. We thought.
Then we went to Thunder Canyon. It is a great raft ride through some mild rapids and some water falls. There are six people to a raft.

There is one point in the ride that we go under a water fall and one person gets SOAKED. Like, hold your breath soaked. It was coming up and Donnie hates getting wet, so I hoped it would hit someone else. As we were nearing it the tube was turning and Donnie's back was to it. I was sure I was going to get it so I started reassuring him "It looks like it is going to get me, oh, never mind." and then the tube stopped turning and Donnie went under. Totally drenched him! He started cracking up big time! I couldn't believe he was being such a good sport about it, but apparently the way I said it cracked him up so it was worth the soaking.
But after the ride was done we were so drenched and just could not stop dripping water all over. I had to get some new shorts because I couldn't walk in my drenched capris. Really, there wasn't much of a choice of clothing at the shops there, of course, so I had to get Valley Fair shorts. Not that that is so bad, but they only had shorts with sayings on the butt. And we do not buy clothing like that. I figured I would just use them for pajamas after that, though. The dilemma became how to cover the saying. Because it did not say "Valley Fair" on the butt. No, that would have been OK. But we were with a youth group and guess what was plastered across my butt?



Wild Ride.

I really wasn't interested in promoting that side of myself, you know, so we got a shirt that I tucked in my fanny pack and covered up, lol.

The kids had a great time, we had a great time, and I am most assuredly a willing chaperon for the next few years, too!

4 people think my kids are qtpies:

Sassyfrazz said...

That is hillarious! It looks like you guys had a super day! I am a bit envious...so, I will wait until next year.

I bet Donnie loves the shorts...maybe it will lead to baby #8??

Jackie said...

Wild ride? Bwahahaha!

Ang said...

Oh.My.Word. I really can't stop laughing! Glad that you had fun!!

Nancy Sabina said...

Sounds like a very fun date. I think you guys going on the rides that you dislike for the sake of the other one is one of those things that helps successful relationships stay happy. You know, like when you were dating you probably did things you didn't really want to without complaining about it. I have to remind myself of that sometimes. You gotta keep working to keep your man happy. So good job.